About the department:
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
About the role:
The Group Reporting Accountant will report to the Group Reporting Manager and work closely with the Head of Finance in Portugal. You will have responsibility for preparation of the Groups management accounts and the Group’s consolidation supporting the external reporting requirements. You will provide real value through the provision of quality, timely and accurate information, highlighting issues and trends. You will need to be highly visible to the rest of the team both in London and in Portugal, detail oriented and able to streamline processes and drive efficiencies.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll do:
- You will support the preparation of the monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- You will support the group consolidation process.
- You will prepare reports for the Group’s external reporting requirements.
- You will support with internal and external audits.
- You will be an advocate of continual business improvement to processes and policies leading to increased accuracy, timeliness and automation of financial information.
- You will become a “go to” for the wider business on all matters relating to the financial systems and processes.
- You will assist the Finance Director and Group Reporting Manager with ad-hoc financial reporting, analysis and decision support as needed.
- You will have some travel to Portugal as required where a portion of the finance team are based.
Who you are:
- You could be part qualified/ a finalist or newly qualified Accountant
- You have group reporting and consolidation experience.
- You have the ability to demonstrate high level of enthusiasm and a proactive attitude.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.