About the department:
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
The Group Technical Accounting Manager will report to the Senior Financial Reporting Manager. You will support the Group’s financial reporting requirements including preparing technical accounting papers, maintaining and updating the group accounting manual and providing/ developing face to face staff training to the London and Portugal finance teams. As an acquisitive Group, the Group Technical Accounting Manager will also assist the finance integration team on our frequent M&A transactions/deals through performing IFRS reviews and technical accounting advice working with and engaging external advisors as needed. You will need to be thrive under the pressures of project-based work, enjoying working in a truly global team and enjoy taking job ownership.
What you’ll do:
- You will act as a subject matter expert for all the Group’s technical accounting matters, supporting the business including the legal, corporate finance and FP&A teams with ad-hoc technical accounting queries, including supporting on M&A impact and structural analysis
- You will work closely with Group Reporting Manager in the year-end and quarter close process ensuing IFRS compliance in all our external reporting
- You will support the FP&A team with the forecast/ budgeted GAAP/ IFRS P&L including working closely with the Equity Reporting Manager, ensuring accuracy of the IFRS 2 share based payment charge and supporting the treasury team with cashflow forecasting, as well as supporting Group Finance on balance sheet forecasting
- You will be responsible for all subsidiary accounting matters including managing the subsidiary statutory accounts process working closely with the company secretarial team
- You will review the Group consolidation to ensure IFRS compliance, working closely with the treasury accountant to ensure IFRS 9 compliance on hedge accounting, ensuring that all foreign exchange movements are understood and reconciled
- You will work closely with the Corporate Finance team to ensure all the Group’s equity investments are measured at fair value appropriately and where the Group has put and call options and/ or convertible debt, these are appropriately accounted for in accordance with IFRS 9
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You are a qualified Chartered Account (or equivalent)
- You ideally have experience from practice or industry of IFRS including the latest development (specifically IFRS 15, 16 and 9)
- You have worked in a group finance function and have a solid understanding of group reporting and consolidation accounting
- You have experience in hedge accounting and share-based payment accounting
- You have the ability to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and a proactive attitude
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.