About the role:
Based in London and reporting to the Vice President, Investor Relations, you will have the opportunity to work in an incredibly cross-functional role, helping to evolve and scale Farfetch business from an investor relation perspective.
The Investor Relations function is one of the most cross-functional areas at Farfetch. Through frequent interaction with operational leaders throughout the organization, and involvement in Corporate and Financial Strategy, M&A, investments and partnerships, the team works to develop and support Farfetch’s relationship with the capital markets.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Investor Relations is to support the company’s efforts in executing the investor relations program. Our team is focused on increasing shareholder value through effective communication of Farfetch’s strategy, financial results and operations to the financial community including shareholders and research analysts. Additionally, we also drive better understanding of Farfetch’s positioning and emerging trends for our management team by analyzing financial research/information about Farfetch, its peers and the industry.
In addition, you will:
- Help drive the quarterly earnings results process and prepare content in partnership with the executive team
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform our team and executives on emerging trends
- Build models and leverage data analysis to understand complex relationships, identify key trends, and gain insight on our revenue/expense line items, drivers and scalability
- Conduct competitive and strategic analysis on Farfetch, its peers, and the industry as well as buy/sell-side trends to help keep management aware of the markets and investor views on Farfetch
- Communicate with investors and research analysts to drive understanding of Farfetch’s business strategy, results, expectations and business developments
- Be an internal resource across the organization to help facilitate consistent external messaging of Farfetch’s business, strategy, and results and expectations
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent required (MBA is a plus, but not a requirement), with a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant field.
- You have high integrity, and appropriately manage and protect highly confidential results and corporate information
- You are experienced in Investor Relations/Corporate Finance/Corporate Reporting/Accounting for public companies (US-listed company experience is a plus, but not a requirement)
- You have strong financial analytical skills as well as business and data analysis skills
- You possess a genuine curiosity about Farfetch’s business and understanding the progress and drivers behind each of the business units and operational functions
- You have a proven track record of successfully reporting quarterly results, managing multiple projects/deadlines and multitasking with ease
- You have strong communication skills the ability to concisely and logically communicate insights or influence arguments effectively, whether verbally (including in meetings), in writing or through Executive-level, professional presentations.
- You have the ability to work autonomously
- You have a serious can-do attitude, proactive in issue and risk resolution
- You have a positive, collaborative and engaging approach to working with colleagues
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have experience succeeding at high growth companies
- You are highly proficient at Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- You are motivated to take the lead on developing creative, effective, and efficient approaches to new situations and developing a world class Investor Relations group at Farfetch.