About the department:
We’re providing support for the business to ensure the long term success of Farfetch. We’re a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury, Internal Controls and Commercial Finance.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide support for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
The Head of Internal Audit and Control will be responsible for setting and implementing the internal controls and audit strategy across the Farfetch Group, reporting into the Finance Director. You will have primary responsibility for implementing the necessary processes and controls to meet the Sarbanes Oxley requirements and other SEC legislation required as a US listed company. You will be the Farfetch technical expert on these governance requirements. Your role will include leading the team to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (in both design and application), remediation of control deficiencies and other ad-hoc special projects. This includes completion of all scoping and program management deliverables. Additionally, this role will support other special projects to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls.
The Head of Internal Controls and Audit must establish strong working relationships with business and finance management & process owners. The role will also work closely with the People, Tech and Legal teams to ensure all company-wide compliance initiatives are continuously met. This highly visible role will interface with senior management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
What you’ll do:
- You will use risk-based methodologies to determine and plan the scope of ITGC work to meet regulatory requirements including SOX and internal audit.
- You will Oversee and complete the ITGC elements of SOX compliance requests that include quarterly and annual SOX reviews, internal audits and ad hoc projects.
- You will partner with Group Technology and business management to manage and perform audit activities related to SOX regulations and the ITGC environment.
- You will take a lead contact role and act as a centre of excellence for ITGC activity with internal and external parties, including external audit.
- You will evaluate ITGCs to determine effectiveness of controls, identify gaps and implement remediation plans.
- You will assist the Head of Internal Control and Audit with other aspects of the Team’s responsibilities as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, accounting, finance or other related subject
- You are a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or hold another relevant information systems certification
- You have demonstrable experience in IT systems auditing or implementing security controls
- You have in-depth understanding of the requirements of CoBIT
- You possess working understanding of SOX and the requirements of COSO 2013
- You have technical writing experience relating to documentation of ITGC findings
- You have demonstrable problem-solving skills and analytical abilities with a focus on developing practical solutions
- You have flexibility to undertake occasional overseas travel
- You may be fluent or have professional proficiency in Portuguese, this would be advantageous
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.