About the department:
The Marketplace team is a brand new department consisting of multiple teams whose focus is to grow the core Farfetch marketplace business. The department is extremely cross-functional and works with all parts of the company, connecting Supply, Demand, Product / Tech and Operations to achieve our long-term strategic vision for the core business and short-term trading targets.
In Marketplace Trading, we are a dynamic and action-oriented team, at the centre of the marketplace. We work with everyone to execute on cross-functional initiatives and drive results, going into the drivers of performance every week and actions we can do to hit the marketplace targets. To ensure we are taking the right actions, we are developing a deeper understanding of what commercial levers exist in the business today to be able to act on a “full menu” of actions that can be taken to achieve targets. We are also thinking of the future, strategizing with all teams and the Exec / Marketplace Board to prioritise and shape the levers that need to be developed over the next
1-5 years to ensure we get the right supply in the marketplace, bring customers onto the site and develop a great experience that amazes them to buy and return.
We are looking for someone who loves solving complex problems in an analytically rigorous way. Trading is fast-paced so we need someone who likes dynamic decision making and analysis. As a relatively new function, you’ll also need to be comfortable with ambiguity. Lastly, this role requires significant collaboration and we need a candidate that is keen to learn about other functions, empathize and influence one-on-one and in presentations to large groups. This will be a highly impactful, high visibility role within the business.
What you’ll do:
- You will take vast amounts of data in raw formats and translate into digestible insights, helping to diagnose trade performance
- You will attend weekly meetings with key functions – eg., Marketing, Customer, Tech – and be the key spokesperson for Trade while fully understanding the wider business
- You will cascade the insights, actions and needs of Trade
- You will also understand the key functions’ insights, actions and needs, and its implications for Trade
- You will then support these functions generating recommendations for Trade
- You will gain buy-in and understanding from product owners and business managers
- You will track internal and consumer trends to develop various analytics dashboards/ reports to ensure other teams are making data-driven decisions to drive trade
- You will scope and develop short-term projects, from context, hypothesis, problem-solving, all the way to recommendation to senior business leaders, on how to improve Trade going forward
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are:
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, being able to develop hypothesis-led analysis and get into the detail as it requires
- You are interested in understanding a highly complex business model and keen to make a sizable impact
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and believe you’ll enjoy the demanding environment of retail trade - you can pivot between short- and long-term needs, gather implications quickly and proactively follow-through
- You are great at building effective relationships across functions, partnering with analysts and senior experts across the business
- You are experienced using excel and SQL (BigQuery). Experience with Looker, Google Analytics or Python would also be a plus
- You are commercially minded, expert at looking for value and implications for Customers, Partners or Financials, both short and long term
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work
- You are experienced in digital marketing, e-commerce or tech products
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of fashion and /or luxury fashion in a retail environment is a bonus
- You will likely have an advanced degree in business, economics, mathematics or engineering, and a few years’ experience in e-commerce or management consulting
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.