Job DescriptionPOSITION/JOB TITLE: Head of Finance & Operations - Gucci Timepieces & Jewellery, UK & Ireland
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, UK & Ireland
This is an opportunity for a commercial, pro-active and experienced Accounting & Financial Senior Leader to develop and grow the finance & operations department of a leading global luxury brand. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Company's financial health, commercial development and customer service experience and will lead the Finance, Operations and Customer Service departments. This is a key position, and the individual will be a valued and integral member of the leadership team. Specific areas of responsibility include:
I. FORECASTING, BUDGETING AND ANALYSIS
II. FINANCIAL REPORTING, CONTROLS AND PROCESSES
III. STATUTORY COMPLIANCE
V. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY
FORECASTING, BUDGETING AND ANALYSIS
You will acts as a key partner to the MD in evaluating the business plan on an ongoing basis, specifically from a financial point of view. Paramount in this endeavor is a solid understanding of company fundamentals and firm grasp of forward looking cash flows.
* Create robust forecasting scenarios, working as a partner to ensure that all strategic imperatives are considered.
* Create accurate cash flow forecasting models.
* Maintain financial model, updated to reflect most recent accounting period and present to management each month.
* Implement systematic processes, engaging department heads in continuous re-forecasting of the business.
* Pro-actively investigate trends in the business and work to understand the underlying causes.
* Evaluate new projects and their financial impact on the business.
FINANCIAL REPORTING, CONTROLS AND PROCESSES
You will set the standard for the teams in terms of reporting requirements and processes. The role will require a hands-on approach to working with the department heads, with the end goal of ensuring transparency and financial accountability across the entire organisation.
* Development of strong management reporting tools and standards.
* Create reporting that also serves the internal organization, working with department heads to understand their needs.
* Communicate openly with management on an ongoing basis about the status of projects and highlight areas of concern in real time.
* Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
* Mentor Operations & Customer Service Managers, providing financial advice and knowledge within their areas of responsibility.
* Work with MD on preparation of all materials for business review meetings.
* Continuously improve the financial controls of the business, helping the business become "audit ready."
* Challenge administrative processes currently in place to optimize company efficiency.
* Implement high standards and code of conduct practices.
* You will be a the key contact for HQ on all Finance related matters'
It is your responsibility to ensure that the company meets all legal and ethical requirements in the course of its business operations. You will always exhibit the highest level of honesty and discretion in handling sensitive information. Furthermore, this person acts as a conduit of information and specifically as the liaison between the company and outside financial services and benefits providers.
* Be a trusted advisor on any contracts into which the company may enter.
* Take responsibility of all corporate compliance (all taxes, including, but not limited to, income and sales tax; annual form filing with HMRC).
* Key member of the team in solving international compliance concerns
* Lead the finance and accounting department and review the organization chart to support the future of the company.
* Optimize our outside advisor relationships (i.e.: bankers; tax /audit accountants; payroll & benefits brokers; etc.),
You will have accountability and ownership of the Operations and Customer Service teams, promoting synergy across these teams. You will manage and support the Operations Manager & the Customer Service Manager to ensure maximum efficiency across all areas of the business, offering new ideas and improved work practices. You will act as a mentor for these Managers and encourage their own development.
* Optimize logistic & product flow in / out of the business
* Regularly review all operational costs and make savings wherever possible, while maintaining the highest standards of service delivery
* Ensure a luxury customer experience is delivered across all customer service areas
* Monitor and report on all areas of the after sales service
* Work alongside Sales to deliver an accurate product forecast (50/50 shared responsibility)
* Key contact with Kering shared services for legal, IT, HR, Real Estate, Security, Warehousing
* Initiator of business & operation improvement analysis and projects with head office
The Ideal CandidateREQUIRED SKILLS
* Established people manager with demonstrable coaching and leadership qualities- able to grow and develop a large team and influence effectively
* Strong communication skills at all levels, whereby; you will be able to provide transparent, clear and appropriate communication through multiple appropriate communication methods
* Ability to build trusted and respected stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally and can manage these constructively
* Strong commercial and analytical approach with the ability to balance this with a pragmatic style, to engage with all
* Solutions focused mind-set, and able to identify continuous areas for improvement and can implement change efficiently and effectively