The Rake is a rapidly expanding magazine publishing and E-commerce business. We are looking for an Accountant to help shape our newly established in-house accounting team.
The candidate for this role should be a self-starter with proven experience in a similar role. The individual should have excellent analytical skills and an ability to manage their time effectively, whilst always ensuring a high-level of accuracy.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Preparation of statutory accounts for the UK entity
• Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions
• Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
• Daily accounting and cash reporting
• Assisting the team with preparation of reports
• Month end closing tasks
• Participate in cash and business forecasting activities
• Balance sheet reconciliations for Group accounts
• Participate in the annual financial audit process
• Explore systems solutions to streamline financial work streams
• Technical IFRS analysis of new arrangements and interpretation of new standards
• Monitoring, accounting and reporting developments in UK GAAP
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be:
• Qualified/Part-qualified ACA or ACCA
• Proficient in the use of MS Excel & Xero
• High awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under both IFRS and UK GAAP
• Previous E-commerce experience
• Statutory account and tax compliance experience
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to respond to each application unless it is a call for an Interview.
We are committed to equal opportunities.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Based on experience