Wales Bonner is looking for a dynamic and experienced Finance Manager to bring their expertise to position that is integral to the development and success of the organisation.
The individual will be solely responsible for the finance function, cash flow and budget forecasting and establishing and implementing clear processes for the effective running of the department. The ideal candidate should be organised, have an acute attention to detail, be proactive and accustomed to working in a small team.
Part time: 2-3 days a week
- Overseeing the book-keeping and financial recording, liaising with external bookkeepers to ensure any queries are resolved and necessary adjustments are made
- Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts
- Monthly Financial reporting on cash flow, debtors and creditors situation, including action plan
- Dealing with supplier queries and reconciling supplier statements
- Accounts receivables and payables management - send invoices, preparing customer statements, credit control, bank statement reconciliation and oversee payment runs
- Company’s budget forecasts (seasonal and annual) including setting allocations to each department. Regular budget meetings to track, troubleshoot and implement.
- Understanding of the tax system. Monitor VAT, tax return and all tax declarations.
- Negotiating rates with suppliers to achieve the best financial outcomes for the business.
- Management of the HR administration. Employee contracts and monitor payroll.
- Producing reports for quarterly board meetings
- Other ad hoc administration as required
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 to 5 years experience minimum in a similar creative business, ideally with experience in a wholesale and/or e-commerce business
- Candidate should have an analytical background and be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly excel, and with invoicing systems. A working knowledge of Xero is preferable.
- Have good communication skills, feel confident representing the company to external partners, both face to face and via telephone and email
- Professional, proactive and logical approach
- Able to work autonomously but also able to support the wider team and show initiative
- Highly organized, enthusiastic, inquisitive and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong understanding of finance, HR regulations and taxation rules.
- Must have the ability to think strategically and practically to deal with an expanding business.