Senior Director responsible for assisting with overseeing the accounting and financial planning related to the acquisitions of businesses, from the accounting due diligence phase through the integration phase, including coordination of internal and external accounting and valuation specialists, shared service integration, financial planning and analysis, and control related activities post close.
Main Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Assist in finance due diligence, preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, and post-close accounting and purchase price adjustments for acquisition targets
- Assist with the work of specialists and Corporate Accounting in valuation services.
- Communicate with internal and external audit as needed to support compliance efforts.
- Support accounting integration and consolidation, including assisting in integration of accounting systems and accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Support system implementations.
- Build an operational accounting department for factory acquisitions for cost accounting, KPI reporting, etc.
- Assist with implementation of SOX controls and compliance with such controls
- Lead the month-end close procedures for acquisitions post-close through integration ensuring the completeness and accuracy of ledger accounts.
- Lead selected monthly and quarterly analysis processes to support senior leadership financial and business reviews of acquired companies.
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting to ensure accurate merger and acquisition related accounting and disclosure requirements are incorporated in financial reports.
- Post-acquisition integration planning relating to shared services
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
- Build relationships across multiple teams within Capri to foster a collaborative and productive working relationship.
- Coordinating legal documentation, including coordinating contracts and closing transactions
- Working on ad-hoc assignments as they arise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline.
- CPA or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years related experience, including experience in a national or regional CPA firm and/or private company within a merger and acquisition department.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and international accounting required.
- Experience with business and M&A modeling and Stock/Asset Purchase Agreements.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and financial analysis techniques, PowerPoint and senior management reporting.
- Strong analytic abilities, written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills, working successfully in a team context with all levels.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a self-directed manner; must be autonomous and self-sufficient
- Flexible; able to quickly and successfully adapt to change while maintaining poise & executive presence, detail-oriented and results driven experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior people management skills to lead a department of 1-2 people
- Ability to travel to assist with quarterly closes, system implementations, SOX documentation and other projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V