About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team and provides operational finance support for various functional areas, primarily the Field/Store Operations team.
What you'll do
- Establish effective working relationships with business partners
- Support team with ad-hoc analysis and strategic initiatives
- Oversee monthly forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning for select store expenses as well as some corporate overheads
- Develop and maintain store labor models to plan and forecast requirements and costs
- Analyze labor allocation to identify issues and optimize productivity. This is an important aspect of the role and a significant challenge that includes devising and testing various strategies to improve performance
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus
- 4+ years of applicable work experience, preferably within retail finance/field support
- 2 yrs of Transaction services/Financial Due-Diligence experience within the Big 4, preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel is required, along with data mining and manipulation
- Demonstrated expertise with planning systems along with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microstrategy, Business Objects, and multi-dimensional databases are a plus
- Has ability to work independently as well as identify opportunities for process improvement
- Flexible, to effectively handle changing priorities and multiple simultaneous team deliverables
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees