The goal of the Business Intelligence team is to drive business value through the innovative use of data. The full potential of data in e-commerce has yet to be realized and our challenge is to continuously create new ways to leverage data to add value to our customers and consignors.
As a member of the BI team, you will effortlessly navigate between the ‘what’, the ‘why’ and the ‘so-what’ of data & analytics. You will be a key partner to our Finance team to understand the current state of the business and uncover opportunities for growth.
This position is based out of San Francisco, CA and reports to the Head of Business Intelligence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the lead data partner to our finance team to execute monthly financial reporting and be the lead data expert for annual audits – Your team is the source of truth for our financials.
- Pioneer new tech and methodologies that will move the needle.
- Create, manage, and maintain critical KPIs and dashboards for stakeholders
- Spearhead architecture builds that will create a more sustainable financial structure for this next stage of our company
- Champion automation projects across the financial data flow that include monitoring changes to our underlying data model that could impact financial reporting and building data structures to enable audit and reporting.
- Drive selection and automation of KPIs, reporting, and analytics.
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience in an analytics, finance, engineering or management consulting field.
- Mastery of SQL (BigQuery, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres)
- Proficient in Python or other scripting language
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Amplitude, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with database designs and optimizing query performance.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.