As project manager for technical planning of logistics centres / warehouses you are responsible for the entire planning of large intralogistics projects with a focus on racking and automation systems. You plan daily projects for our warehouses with logistics equipment, logistic infrastructures, control and transport systems as well as storage- and buffer areas.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Define requirements for conveyor and storage systems and take over responsibility for the trades throughout all planning phases, coordinating with all project participants.
- Draw up specifications, are the main contact in the offer phase, evaluate them and accompany the negotiations until the conclusion of the contracts. You will also be responsible for optimizing existing material flow- and automated conveyor systems.
- Bring your own ideas into all areas of planning and also present them at management level
- Coordinate and monitor our external service companies and ensure that the project runs smoothly right through to the contract award decision. You also prepare tenders and carry out technology comparisons in advance.
- 4+ years of professional and project experience in the planning of integrated logistics systems, including material flows and racking systems, either on the customer or supplier side and a degree in the field of economics, mechanical engineering or comparable.
- In-depth knowledge in the planning of intralogistics systems and layout planning, automation technology, development of personnel requirements and material flow planning. Very good knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience with MS Project; CAD skills are desirable but not a must for us.
- High motivation and enthusiasm for our big size projects, reliability, analytical thinking and clear communication.
- In addition to a good command of written and spoken English and German, you are open for travel activities domestic and international
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.