We are looking for a Software Project Manager to lead cross our functional teams in Merchant Operations (Zalando’s Marketplace) from design through delivery, managing all related timelines and deliverables.
You will work closely with engineering teams and product managers managing dependencies and planning ahead, acting as the agile delivery lead.
This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and potential scope changes. Therefore cross-team coordination and project management skills, a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, agility, and creativity as well as a focus on the teams' technical performance are essential.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NECESSARY:
- You will establish and execute initiatives against technology development roadmaps.
- You will effectively align stakeholders, engineering and cross-functional teams and technical leaders with a strong focus on facilitating collaboration, communication, moderation, contingency planning and decision-making (prioritising technical development).
- Interface with internal customers to plan upcoming feature deliveries.
- You are a highly motivated team player, and an expert in managing priorities.
- You monitor and communicate about operational metrics.
- Tackle project impediments on a daily basis.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience (4 years+) as a software project manager building scalable software systems.
- Technical acumen - understanding of software development principles and best practices, system design - architecture and dependencies (ideally in a large scale operation)
- While the role will not require you to code, you will be surrounded by senior and highly experienced software engineers so you should have an in-depth understanding of technical concepts.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build consensus
- Experience defining, prioritizing and executing a clear roadmap in an agile environment.
- Scrum Master is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 100+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.