ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Merchant Operations
Reports to: Technical Program Management Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter name, e-mail: Rime Asselman, email@example.com
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to lead cross functional teams from design through delivery, managing all related timelines and deliverables. The TPM will work closely with engineering teams and product managers and act as the agile delivery leader to help engineering teams deliver the right product within the right time frame. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and potential scope changes. Therefore cross-team coordination and project management skills, a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, agility, and creativity as well as a focus on the teams' technical performance are essential.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Establish and execute initiatives against technology development roadmaps.
- Communicate with software developers, product managers and business teams to clarify and prioritize technical development.
- Interface with internal customers to plan upcoming feature deliveries.
- Monitor and communicate about operational metrics.
- Tackle project impediments on a daily basis.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience (3 years+) as a software project manager building scalable software systems.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design.
- Basic coding skills in at least one of the widely used programming languages. (e.g. Java, Python, Scala,...)
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build consensus
- Experience defining, prioritizing and executing a clear roadmap in an agile environment.
- Scrum Master is a plus.
Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere.
Perks. Competitive salary; 40% shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; great IT equipment, flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms*; additional holidays and volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings*. (*Depending on location)
Development. Mentoring; personal branding support focused on leadership; diverse career opportunities.
Peers. Self-organized and autonomous teams of accomplished experts with very diverse professional backgrounds and nationalities to interact with & learn from.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use
At Merchant Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our new strategic Merchant platform business. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our merchant suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses for our ZFS services. To our 3000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our merchant portal via UI, bulk uploads, or via standard web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Haskell, Go, and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.