About the Company
As one of the world’s leading premium lifestyle brands, Tommy Hilfiger delivers superior styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide. The brand celebrates the essence of Classic American Cool and provides a refreshing twist to classic, American fashion.
Since 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a €2 billion worldwide apparel and retail company by offering consumers a breadth of beautifully designed, high quality products including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, denim, and a range of licensed products such as accessories, fragrances and home furnishings.
The company has expanded its reach worldwide through a select network of global distribution for its core brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Hilfiger Denim and Hilfiger Sport.
These offerings are supported by a highly regarded management team and a well-balanced business which is diversified across carefully controlled geography and distribution channels.
The brand can be found in leading department and specialty stores, as well as in its own expanding network of freestanding retail stores around the globe. The Company currently distributes its products in over 65 countries, including North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific, and operates over 900 retail stores around the world.
The Tommy Jeans division is the one of the fastest growing business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the division covers both menswear and womenswear & is split in woven and knit product groups. We are looking for a candidate for the internship, which will work closely with the teams to support the running of the division.
The product team works in an informal setting on creating high end quality product for the European consumer base and International licensees. Tommy Jeans presents 4 equal collections per year. We are responsible for the complete Development and Production cycle of all product excluding denim and non denim pants, from fabric sourcing, proto making, fitting, Sales Sample, pre-production sample and production planning and quality, covering 18 million pieces per year.
- Assisting team in end to end product development cycle, from initial concept through to finished goods leaving manufacturers.
- Set up Fabric library
- Sample Management
- Assisting in collection development and presentations.
- Assisting in the administrational task of the collection development. (Fabric –and development matrix, BOM’s)
- Sending, tracking and receiving of all samples, lab dips and fabrics
- Measuring samples and assist in preparing fit sessions.
- Assisting in fit sessions
- Assisting on uploading photos and maintaining our PLM system
- Understanding the design process
- General ad hoc tasks
- Minimal educational requirements: University/Fashion School (AMFI)
- Product and Production minded
- Good communications skills. Fluent in English, speaking and written
- IT skills: Excel
- Basic construction skills of clothing.
- Proactive, organized, committed worker, team player and open personality.