Job DescriptionFarfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
FinanceWe're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
PortoOur Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
The Role:Reporting to the Financial Operations Manager, you will have an important role within the financial operations of the business. Working together with the finance team to achieve the department and team goals, ensuring efficient, timely and accurate information.What You’ll do:
- Prepare and process payment files to be imported into banks;
- Generate account statements to be sent to vendors upon payments;
- Reconcile vendors’ accounts to ensure data accuracy and payments are up to date;
- Produce AP monthly reports;
- Assist with month end closing;
- Assure all the deadlines are met regarding the accountancy monthly closing;
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting procedures;
- Analyze processes, recommend improvements for same and manage all internal controls on documents;
- Prepare reports for reconciliation and ledger accounts and submit it to Supervisor approval;
- Analyze all key metrics and prepare appropriate documents for same;
- Maintain and update all ageing reports and perform month end closing and audits for various accounts;
- Prepare reports of the activities of accounts payable on a weekly basis;
- Communicate with the supervisor in case of any technical glitches that won't allow the targets to be met;
- Provide the supervisor with necessary suggestions to enhance the work environment of the company.
- Graduated in Accounting, Management or similar subject;
- A professional with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounts payable;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, mainly Excel;
- Experienced with Microsoft AX is a plus;
- A professional with high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality;
- A professional with an excellent team working attitude with ability to interact with different departments;
- A professional with excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills;
- Results driven;
- A professional with effective organizational, stress and time management skills;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the business;
- A professional that must be well organized and proactive, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a fast pace.