Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.JOB PURPOSE
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in an equivalent role within another merchant, or have experience in payment gateway industry, merchant acquiring, and payments technology acquired through roles within banking or technology businesses. You will be required to develop a strong understanding of both our retail and digital businesses on a global level.
Reporting to the Director of Global Payments, the role will primarily be responsible for multiple acquiring bank relationships including the overall strategic relationship, operational management of the payments function. You will work with the finance and cash office teams, develop a close relationship with the digital product and operations team.
Focusing on payment queries, SLA’s banking and acquiring relationships, team management and reporting. The payments landscape will be managed on a global scale, developing relationships with local teams and maintain the payments strategy overview. Building and maintain policy and procedure and ensure this is delivered across the business.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the day to day payments department, working through the payments inbox, resolving department queries.
- Managing Burberry’s global payment processes- transaction analysis, settlement analysis, reporting and acquirer management.
- Identifying and onboarding new payment providers for retail and digital payments. Including existing and new to markets including APM’s
- Working with internal and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Review and analyse Burberry’s transactions on a weekly basis, looking for inconsistencies and resolving queries with the cash office and finance departments.
- Document and map out the full current end-to-end workflow for payments made and payments received for all brands and countries within the region.
- Maintain relationships with existing payment and fraud providers as well as seeking out new opportunities that may suit the current payment structure.
- Educate and share learnings to wider business on Payments functions and payments regulation.
- Optimise all aspects of the payments team management, people development and department development, team and department structure and developing support functions for other departments.
- Reporting - Develop a reporting structure on all thing’s payments, payments business performance.
- Monitor payment method performance - including authorisation and conversion rates - across all business channels.
- Develop efficient reporting tools to present latest trends and insight with senior stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for testing new and existing payment features and functionalities and business development. Pro-actively manage all aspects of the payments support for all departments.
- Supporting the Director of Payments with strategy, analytics, reporting, day to day operations and team functions.
- Chair quarterly Burberry business reviews to ensuring a structured forum for review of roadmap, new opportunities/market review, compliance to SLA’s and key learnings from each launch, to ensue continual evolution and pursuit of excellence in the payment space.
- Monitoring of internal payments systems intra-day to ensure that processes are running per expectation and that there are no system delays that would cause negative impact.
- Support the business when launching new brands, channels and products, advise the retail and digital teams how payments will work with newly launched products.
- Work with legal to review and provide feedback on payment subject matter – commercial agreements, credit/debit card scheme rules.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, Treasury department, Finance, Cash Office, Digital, Retail, I.T and Procurement.
- Work with the I.T team to integrate new payment solutions, focusing on project management and relationship handling.
- A communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others.
- Leading the team with strong managerial experience and gravitas, investing time in their development and inspiring them to perform brilliantly and with passion for the business.
- Develop a culture of performance management, improvement and development as a foundation for excellent organisational performance.
- Experience and understanding of the global payments market, alternative payment offerings.
- Expert knowledge of fraud, financial crime and regulatory changes across payments and e-commerce
- Experience and understanding of the payment acquirer landscape
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and vendors
- Excellent communication skills, providing transparency, clarity and bringing simplicity to complex issues
- Experience manipulating and analysing data and report building
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical Skills
- Strong time management
- Team Player / Ability to work effectively
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly