The Commercial Director will be primarily responsible for developing and managing new markets and business ventures where long term growth is achievable for the brand. The individual will do this by adopting the appropriate business model, agreeing commercial terms and devising sales plans, while utilizing both internal and external resources.
Leading the team Wholesale, Retail (currently 2 stores in London and 1 concession in Paris) and an agency for ecommerce, this role will oversee the management of existing territories sales plan, as well as focusing on new business development. The Commercial Director will oversee the organization of the office and team, dealing effectively with the day-to-day management of Wholesale interests, client enquiries and be involved with product support.
New Business Development
- Identify markets; provide detailed analysis and feasibility studies on the market to demonstrate why Christopher Kane should be targeting a particular market.
- When evaluating markets, show understanding of factors that will affect the Brand’s success, such as demographics, retail environment, competitors, pricing structure and any other important restrictions or complications.
- Target key players in the market, sending them materials on the Brand and its products.
- Travel to potential markets to build relationships with prospective partners.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer and Internal Business Partners, build financial models for prospective new business ventures, assessing financial benefits.
- Agreeing commercial terms with new partners.
- Contact new and existing customers every season to introduce the latest collection and dealing with escalated queries.
- Develop and review and sales budgets each season, amending according to space allocation and adjustments.
- Be responsible for financial planning and budgetary control.
- Set seasonal sales targets and ensure that they are met by creating weekly sales reports for the team.
- Actively network with designers, sales agents and industry.
- Work closely with Line Manager to strategically build target lists seasonally.
- Respond to new stockist enquiries and determine suitability for the brand.
- Attend and organize and set up seasonal trade shows.
- Follow up sales leads at trade shows to develop new business.
- Assist and guide customers when putting a range together and advise on best sellers and the most suitable styles for their needs according to previous sales figures.
- Regular visits to customers to ensure merchandising standards and stock holding is in line with sales performance.
- Ensure the highest possible customer service and follow through of orders and deliveries.
- Initiate and organize ad hoc events such as Trunk shows to help to support key customers.
- Research and target new customers. Database upkeep and creation.
- Ensure wholesale client's payments are up-to- date, cover all sales order administration and invoice and credit for wholesale clients.
- In charge of ensuring the profitability of the stores in line with the brand's global commercial policy.
- Increasing revenues of the stores within the network, in line with the brand's sales policy.
- Establishing and monitoring sales targets for each boutique.
- Ensuring the application of visual merchandising policies and adherence to the brand image of the stores.
- Recruitment, monitoring and motivation of the teams within the network.
- Providing management and guidance for the store managers and the stock manager within the network.
- Full management of openings of new stores.
- Analyzing and summarizing sales data (customers, products, footfall, etc.) provided by the boutiques, and reporting this information.
- Establishing an operational charter for the boutiques and ensuring its application, - Monitoring after-sale issues and handling high-impact customer disputes and legal actions.
- Monitoring developments and changes that are likely to influence the sales policy: environment, competition, customer typology, etc.
- Asset creation and managment
- Sales, Merchandising and ecommerce operations
- Digital marketing
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong experience with an international fashion / luxury brand.
- UK experience is essential, strong experience of the US and Global ……Knowledge of different international markets, as well an understanding of developing markets such as Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Middle East & Far East.
- Ability to work and influence Design team and Creative Director.
- Understanding of Market trends.
- Ability to influence business leaders internally and externally, confidence to challenge and confront issues.
- Language skills, preferably Italian or French.
- Relevant degree or equivalent.