Job DescriptionFarfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
Commercial & Sustainability We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
LondonOur London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The role is reporting into the Women’s Online Merchandising Manager and works with the Online Merchandising team in delivering effective product positioning across manually merchandised pages.
You will select suitable products for the Farfetch e-mails, Editorials and other promotional tools as required. You will create a balanced commercial and on-trend product mix, taking into account product offer, performance and the Farfetch brand.
In addition, you will be expected to carry out research on the wider fashion community, including brands, designers, street style and fashion weeks.What you will do:
- You will understand and contribute to the Commercial and Creative strategies of Farfetch.
- You will demonstrate full awareness of Brands & Seasonal trends and their relevance to the Farfetch proposition, influencing all aspects of Visual Merchandising.
- You will take direction from and partner with the Senior Visual Merchandiser to deliver balanced and commercial Customer emails, Editorial and other projects as required
- You will understand and utilize the insight from analytical Merchandising with the creative needs of Brands and Products to deliver a VM approach that helps to achieve the KPIs of Farfetch (sales, productivity, profit)
- You will report on Homepage sets, categories & designer performance on a weekly basis and communicating results in Trade meetings.
- You will provide ideas and suggestions for Homepage updates & features using trend knowledge and brand performance data.
- You will select all product for Editorial features and sign off before go live.
- You will work closely with CRM on the planning and curation of weekly emails.
- Regular Visual Merchandising of category, brand pages & sets according to the weekly schedule to best Trade the product and represent the Farfetch brand.
- You will manage the daily product curation for the New In page, selecting the best of latest product.
- You will manage the Assistant Visual Merchandiser ensuring deadlines are met and to a high standard.
- You will raise ad-hoc bugs with product copy & categorization to the appropriate teams and ensuring these are rectified.
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation into an energetic and collaborative team
- Experience in an online VM role; working with VM tools and packages
- Exposure to branded merchandise - preferably in a high fashion, luxury environment
- Understanding of KPIs that deliver success within a retail online organisation
- Experience interpreting reports & data
- In-depth knowledge of designers, trends and resources
- Understanding of, and empathy for, the creative needs of the Farfetch proposition – balancing Art & Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment