Job DescriptionFarfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
FinanceWe're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
LondonOur London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The VAT manager will work on all VAT matters related to the companies of the Farfetch Group with special focus on EMEA. You will provide practical, commercial advice to the business and to the finance team, reporting directly to the Group Head of Indirect Tax.What you'll do
- Work with the Group Head of Indirect Tax to develop and deliver a robust strategy for VAT across the Group.
- Develop strong relationships with the business and finance teams to be seen as a trusted business partner
- Input into the design of the Group’s tax strategy, setting short and long term goals, to ensure it supports the Group’s ability to grow in line with its strategic plans
- Develop and implement a plan to drive improvement into the Group’s end to end compliance processes and systems to ensure robust processes are in place to support the growth of the business.
- Ensure that all VAT risks facing Farfetch are managed to limit any potential financial loss
- Manage VAT related relationships with external advisors to ensure the Group gets high quality advice and good value for money.
- Build constructive relationships with tax authorities to ensure that Farfetch is clearly understood and to ensure the Group pays the correct amount of tax in each country
- Develop, mentor and support the VAT team and take responsibility for their career development
- Professional qualification is an advantage, and previous experience with OneSource is required.
- Previous experience managerial role in a large corporate, or previous consulting experience
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial organisation undergoing tremendous growth, demonstrating the ability to work with ambiguity and showing adaptability in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively project management multiple strategic initiatives, and able to manage competing priorities to ensure delivery of the most critical tasks within appropriate timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail, good judgement showing logical data-based decision making, and a hands-on approach
- Drive to continually improve processes and pro-active approach to new challenges
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) whilst retaining integrity and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to deliver technically robust, commercial advice to the business.
- Ability to work with senior management and staff members around the world to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Motivation and strong self-direction, with a structured and methodical approach to achieving results in a relatively informal business environment.
- An ability to work at the macro / broad perspective as well as an enthusiasm to “roll up the sleeves” to get the job done.
- Highly numerate
- Strong presentation skills
- Adaptable and flexible