The Studio Manager will support the SALONI team in a service orientated function, with all administrative and logistic requirements. The role will be best suited to a committed, hardworking and highly organised person, familiar with working in the creative industry with a strong can-do attitude. The candidate will need to be pro-active and able to thrive in a busy, multi-tasked environment. The successful candidate will play an important role in making sure the London studio and the London Store - around thirty-five staff run smoothly each day. Working with the Heads of department and wider team to improve processes and communication and deal with any office/studio/store issues that arise.
How you will contribute:
- Manage the studio’s budget (day to day, food, travel, IT etc).
- Management office supplies within a set budget, to include product research and price negotiations with suppliers.
- Support in organising catering and refreshments throughout the week for approximately thirty people; building strong relationships with suppliers to improve the offering and ensure best value for money.
- Liaising with IT Support regarding ongoing upgrades and studio IT and phone issues.
- Check employee monthly expenses against budget and submit to finance for processing.
- Support press teams with sample coordination and management in fashion GPS.
- Liaise with the press teams, together with creative director for the set up of the seasonal photoshoots and manage logistics and organisation for each event.
- Manage the logistics and travel for any travel for team – visas, taxi, Eurostar, Flights, accommodation for the trip.
- Provide support and assistance to the Executive Office team.
- Responsible for office maintenance, and employee queries including liaising with service providers, managing any future office moves.
- Partner with Logistics department to provide courier and mail outbound service for the office.
- Assist in recruitment and employee induction, holiday record keeping etc.
- Organise regular Health and Safety checks.
- Recruit and train studio interns.
Store and Events:
- Project manage all coordination and support required in London office for the store events, brand events, photo shoots and sales events
- Manage the storage and warehouse requests for furniture, fabrics etc.
- Project manage all logistics for the Sloane Street store, working closely with store staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Computer literate, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in a similar role working within a fast-paced fashion design studio, familiar with prioritizing and multi-tasking competing demands
- Self-starter, resourceful and able to find solutions, highly organised, confident multi-tasker, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent people and communication skills with a strong service orientated approach and ability to maintain impartial relationships
- Ability to be discrete, confidential and reliable at all times
- Problem solving and solution orientated with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Approachable and responsive - a confident and collaborative communicator
- Must have at least two year's previous experience in office Management within a creative environment
- Some HR experience required