The Business of Fashion is seeking an exceptional and strategic leader to deliver excellence as our newly created “Head of Individuals (B2C)”. Playing a pivotal role within BoF, you will work with the core Individuals Mission team to drive the go-to-market strategy and plan that will deliver on the Individuals Mission OKRs (members, MRR, LTV, gross margin).
With your outstanding leadership, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills, you will act as the facilitator and final decision maker on the priorities and activities of the working team, ultimately holding accountability for the delivery of the strategy, plan, and execution of the Mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As a highly experienced leader and collaborator, you’ll own the strategy and planning process for the Mission, and develop and lead the execution of that strategy in collaboration with functional leads.
Through setting measurable objectives and rigorously reviewing and optimizing performance, you’ll steer the growth of the Mission through innovation, while maintaining the fundamental business objectives and core values of BoF.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Think strategically about the value proposition of BoF consumer, and how best to flex the levers within your remit to create value for BoF’s community members, while managing gross margin
- Forecast performance based on activities, resources against objectives and spend
- Lead a cross-functional working team to deliver against KPIs and OKRs
- Own and manage a transparent process for prioritization and decision-making
- Share learning and insights across relevant collaboration points
- Collaborate with other Mission leaders and functional leaders to prioritise within the context of BoF strategy & performance
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
The Mission’s cross-functional team is clear on the strategic direction of the Mission, and is successfully delivering against its OKRs and KPIs
You successfully collaborate with other Heads of Missions to drive balanced growth across the entire BoF strategy
Deadline for Applications: 9th September 2019
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced strategic leader, able to demonstrate a strong track record in leading and inspiring cross-functional teams to follow a common vision. With a background in B2C / consumer subscription businesses, and experienced in programme management with a highly commercial mindset, you will possess a combination of exceptional stakeholder management skills, commercial acumen, technology and marketing savvy, and customer centricity in order to successfully deliver the Mission results.
Using insights and customer analytics, and putting the customer at the centre of your decision making, you will be focused on how to build a sustainable and profitable business unit, and can demonstrate this through previous experience influencing gross margin and/or owning P&L. You will be calm under the pressure of implementation and deadlines, with a high degree of objectivity to your decision-making process.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Detail orientated, without ever losing a strong strategy perspective
- Ability to vary the direction of a project (or tactic, or task) in smart ways to keep moving toward the objective
- Ability to successfully interact at senior and junior levels within BoF
- Resilience to deal with setbacks and changes in direction
- Adept at anticipating potential problems and addressing them early