Job DescriptionAs a Digital Production Designer at Kate Spade, you will join a (fun!) motivated team that is responsible for bringing the Kate Spade brand voice to life digitally across every aspect of the business. The Digital Production Designer will assist Designers and Art Directors on the execution of design concepts for a wide variety of interactive projects with the highest attention to detail. You will incorporate graphic elements and typography onto our images promotions, affiliates, and social assets, following best practices in production and mobile-first design. The ability to edit, optimize and output final web-ready digital artwork for brand emails and our website is essential as the Digital Production Designer will perform needed modifications and assemble, create and build on various digital projects in accordance with job specifications.
The ideal production designer is a flexible perfectionist that enjoys the details of design, and is able to work and collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
the successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Digital Production Design to...
- Execute, build and prep files for release to our email-marketing and web platforms; this includes weekly emails, homepages (desktop and mobile) and seasonal marketing projects.
- Assist in the creation of visual aspects of marketing materials including emails, banners, landing pages. Ability to create animation sequences, edit videos, motion graphics.
- Work with the wider creative team to develop processes that promote quality and manage workload effectively, recommending more efficient, time saving methods when applicable.
- Collaborate with the Creative team to ensure creative deliverables are correct and up to brand standard. Proactively solve production/creative related issues
- Assist in constructing creative presentations.
- A self-starter and ability to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work, taking ownership and following up on projects through to completion.
- A keen eye for detail and consistency.
- Implement design and copy changes to files quickly and accurately
- Resolve any artwork and quality issues that arise during production
- Help develop and manage photography and creative assets database, organizing photo and design assets, archiving and maintaining of past projects.
the accomplished individual will possess...
- 3-4 years experience working at a design-centric brand or agency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop and sketch are a must
- Highly organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once and prioritize workload
- Thoughtful with great attention to detail and a love for orgnanization
- An understanding of the constraints and capabilities of digital production
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JV1 Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.