The Sr. Director, International Sales will drive the strategy, development and execution of the Travel Retail channel and Partner Businesses for the kate spade new york brand.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in International Sales to...
- Create the vision and strategy for Kate Spade Travel Retail and Partner businesses and drive execution by region aligned with total company strategy, yet customized by market.
- Ensure brand expansion and growth objectives are achieved and be accountable for sales performance of all categories across assigned channels.
- Build strong distributor/franchisee and global travel retail management capability.
- Commercially identify opportunities in markets, and act as an advocate for the assigned businesses by strategically influencing internal partners to meet Product, Marketing, Customer Experience and Operational needs.
- Act as key partner during seasonal market to present and influence the global merchandising based on commercial demand.
- Identify new product and business opportunities.
- Support all other operational management coordination as needed.
- Lead and develop a team.
The Ideal Candidate
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in international sales, merchandising or generalist commercial role, in domestic and travel retail.
- Extensive experience working in an international environment, preferably in the fashion retail industry
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage time and prioritize workload
- Ability to think, plan, and manage strategically and analytically
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Prior management experience required
- Command of retail math analytics & working knowledge of financial metrics
- Solid product aesthetic and sensibility and commercial acumen; able to influence during the market process
- Ability to communicate and manage effectively from a distance (phone and email), in person/1:1, and group situations
- Dynamic presence with business partners at all levels
- Exceptional follow-up and organizational skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire a team
- Ability to flex working hours to accommodate international partnerships
- Ability to travel internationally as needed, expected travel 30%-50% of time
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.