Job DescriptionStuart Weitzman is a leading luxury accessories brand that is synonymous with strength in femininity. Defined by an energetic, bold and purpose-driven attitude, SW is known for its unique approach to melding fashion, function and fit in every silhouette. The brand’s focus on creating timeless, effortless shoes and handbags that are engineered to empower women with both confidence and comfort has resonated around the world, as SW is now available in all corners of the globe through an array of websites, boutiques and retail partners.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
Job Title: HR Associate Stuart Weitzman
Reports to: Sr Manager HR NA
Date: January 2020
The HR Associate is a key partner for the HRBPs and business leaders in SW for all aspects of HR project and initiative coordination and administration. The HR Associate’s role focuses on North America based groups both corporate and retail plus they will support the coordination of global projects as needed. As a member of the HR team, they work across the business to implement talent and organizational initiatives to enable business success and the growth of our people.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to...
HR Administration & Compensation
- Owns the ongoing accuracy and integrity of SW employee data in partnership with Global People Services; continuously audit and maintain
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting partnering closely with HR team, Finance & Total Rewards on our compensation forecast processes including Quarterly Outlook (QO), Workforce Budgeting (WFB), Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Managing temp requests and maintaining the temp tracker
- Report requests in partnership with Global People Services
- Maintain organizational charts in Visio
- Administration for all Shoe Allowance; bi-annual tax implications for employees
- Tracking and processing of compensation related costs (sign-ones, one time payments)
- Partner with HRBPs and Talent Acquisition (TA) on position management, ongoing updates of open roles and temp assignments; tracking target fill dates for open positions and coordinating with TA on updates in our recruiting module
- Support all aspects of Retail labor planning, management incentives, sales incentives/commission.
HRBP Support and Partnership
- Partner with people managers and the TA group to find, attract and hire strong talent across all areas of the business.
- Talent Review processes, reports and PowerPoint presentations; for both Retail & Corporate
- Work with HRBPs on all projects related to organization effectiveness, organization design, communication and reorganizations; additional special projects and requested
- Performance Management and year-end process including goal setting, annual reviews, merit increases, bonuses and equity.
- Get involved in cross-functional HR projects, building relationships across our HR team and learning about how our HR function works together in support of the business
- Partner closely across Tapestry Functional Groups HRBP team particularly on activities that happen across groups to ensure we are connected and aligned (Finance, Supply Chain, IT, HR, Global Environments)
Business Support and Partnership
- Key member of the SW Spotlight Squad – culture ambassadors and recognition team working to create strong culture; organize and manage events and initiatives
- Member of SW team that owns The Loop content; owner of HR content such as new hire announcements, key communications
- Partner with leaders to create a high level of engagement and satisfaction across the team taking action against employee feedback and survey data; making SW a great place to work.
- Support Diversity & Inclusion initiatives across the business
- Partner with Retail People Partner and retail leaders to address all Employee Relations cases and issues; ensure compliance with Tapestry standards to mitigate risk.
- Guide leaders, people managers and employees to the appropriate source for queries and requests (including our intranet - The Loop, our HRIS systems – PeopleHub and our contact center - Tapestry People Services)
- Work with managers on temporary staffing needs: understand business rationale, role and partner to fulfill with TA support
- Actively pursue knowledge of the business; business practices, policies, organizational structure, roles and responsibilities to better understand the business and leverage the understanding in your work
The accomplished individual will possess...
- BS or BA in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field
- 1+ years of HR or relevant work experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with superior organizational skills; fast learner who can navigate process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, team player with great initiative; uses intuition to anticipate needs
- Experience and excellence in partnering/customer service working with people of all levels
- Strong judgment, professionalism with ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast paced environment while being professionally assertive when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to embrace differences and partner with others inclusively
- Passionate, curious and with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Visio org chart program is a plus, not required
- Experience with an SAP-based HR system is a plus, not required
- Proficient in MS office, specifically Excel, required
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AR1 Visit Stuart Weitzman at www.stuartweitzman.com.