Why start your journey at McArthurGlen?
- You’ll be part of the best team in the industry, both locally and across our international business
- We are committed to building and operating a world class organisation where you can progress your career, be collaborative and creative
- You will have the tools and development you need to succeed: we want everyone to love what they do
- You’ll receive an attractive base salary and entitlement to an excellent bonus scheme
- Great benefits varying by country, including 25+ days holiday, fitness allowance, shopping and other discounts and deals, cross departmental, international projects, opportunities to travel and many more
- 92% of our employees would recommend us as a good place to work
To work in partnership with leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and strategic priorities of McArthurGlen, bringing them to life in the Region. Operating as the Northern European HR expert, to advise, guide and support directors, managers and colleagues by providing proactive, people management and development support across 7 centres and relevant functional departments.
About the role...
- Identify HR priorities from Group, Northern Europe and functional / departmental plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and people solutions
- Design and deliver key HR initiatives; organisational design, change, talent and performance management, pay and reward and employee relations
- Work closely with directors, managers and Learning & Development centre of expertise to develop and implement Talent Management & Learning and Development strategies which help to embed new people to the business as well as support the overall advancement of talent and colleague performance
- Provide proactive and business focused advice and guidance to directors and managers on employment matters e.g. performance issues, flexible working applications and disciplinaries
- Maintain a clear understanding and provide up to date knowledge of the legal framework HR operates within; develop and update HR policies in line with current legislation for the relevant country
- Support the implementation of McArthurGlen’s pay and reward strategy
- Develop and use data and analytics to provide insight on performance measurement and people and talent strategies
- Proactively share best practice and trends across the broader HR community, supporting alignment of and effective working practices
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience of...
- Working in partnership with a range of stakeholders including Executive Directors, Managers, External 3rd parties and HR colleagues within multi-territory European environment
- Working in both corporate and a privately owned entrepreneurial organisation, ideally from retail, luxury and/or hospitality background with European multi-site operations
- Implementing modern performance management, talent assessment and succession processes
- Developing and managing business organisation change projects to successful completion, ideally with experience of environments implementing or enhancing their digital marketing and customer experience propositions
- Implementing employee engagement and culture strategies and initiatives which continue to enhance the employer proposition
- Managing conflict and sensitive issues achieving positive outcomes
- Managing and improving employee relations in a Northern Europe context, including working with works councils and Austrian / Dutch / German employment lawyers as appropriate
- Speak German fluently as well as English (fluency / working knowledge of Dutch would be an advantage but is not a requirement)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our business. We would love to hear from you so please start your journey with us by applying online with your CV.