The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven, passionate and experienced Senior Talent Acquisition Partner to help drive the expansion of a fast-growing, start-up media company. With your strong background in identifying and engaging exceptional talent you’ll help deliver some of the most influential hires in fashion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As an integrated and highly organised member of the People team, you’ll work closely with key stakeholders to help deliver the best quality technical hires across our development and product teams (development - front-end, back-end, full-stack; UX/UI; product management, etc.)
Working collaboratively with the TA team and other stakeholders, you will bring your knowledge and expertise to build a fit-for-purpose technical recruitment engine, focused on direct-sourcing of the best talent in the industry through numerous channels and routes-to-market. You’ll be responsible for successfully managing key vacancies and delivering new talent to the business on time or ahead of schedule.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Own the Talent Acquisition process and candidate experience for the technical teams at The Business of Fashion, with a high emphasis on finding and hiring the best talent for the business
- Proactively identify, source, and engage relevant talent from within the BoF community and beyond, utilising both tried-and-tested and innovative methods
- Drive operational improvement across the Talent Acquisition function, harnessing data, insights, and technology at every stage
- Focus on building and engaging BoF’s community and network of talent, with one eye on short term hiring needs and the other on longer term company growth
- Partner with BoF Hiring Managers, playing the role of subject matter expert on the global talent market, to ensure our roles are scoped correctly and our interview teams are well calibrated
- Act as a BoF cultural ambassador and be passionately focused on building a diverse and inclusive company, across multiple locations
- Work closely with the rest of our People function on various projects, primarily on new hire onboarding and initiatives to safeguard and scale our company culture
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
High-quality candidate pools and talent pipelines are built so that all new vacancies are filled quickly with the right person.
Your expertise and knowledge of your role has hiring managers and business leaders reaching out to you for assistance and guidance.
Candidate experience feedback remains permanently high, and hiring managers sing your praises to the senior leadership team.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced and highly professional technical recruiter / talent acquisition specialist on the upward curve of your career, with a strong background in running an operationally excellent hiring process.
Ideally with a mixed agency / in-house background of recruiting for similar technologies (Angular, Symfony, etc.), you can demonstrate how you have scaled technical and development hiring for fast-growing organisations.
Entrepreneurial, and thriving in fast-paced environments, you’re passionate about what you do, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- The ability to keep many plates spinning
- Prioritisation of key tasks and hires that reflect the rapidly changing needs of a start-up / scale-up
- Excellent interviewing skills (competency, situational, technical, etc.) and the ability to train and up-skill interviewers in the art and science of interviewing
- Creative and tenacious candidate sourcing, using self-generated means
- Strong organisational skills, verbal, and written communications
- Creative problem-solving skills, utilising data to define decisions
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- MS Office, Google Suite, Slack, ATS (Greenhouse or similar)