About the department:
We're a progressive and innovative global team, comprised of specialists in talent acquisition, learning & development, compensation & benefits, HR Systems & People Analytics and Internal Communications. Our work is as exciting as it is varied, as we shape the future for Farfetchers across the globe in creative and inspiring ways.From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents – we’re busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.
About the role:
As we continue to accelerate in growth, we’re looking for a People Partner to be a trusted partner to the business. You’ll be responsible for creating a world class experience for our employees at all stages of the employee life cycle, providing timely and credible advice in line with policy, process and procedures. The role will also have a HR functional focus contributing to, and leading on, local projects, creating a culture where our people thrive.You’ll be a proactive, progressive HR generalist, with solid experience in employee relations and providing first-class advice to the business. You’ll have worked in a fast-paced environment, have excellent relationship building skills, and an innovative and positive approach.
What you’ll do:
- You will partner with business leaders and the Senior Business Partner to design an aligned People strategy for your business areas, focussed on attracting, developing, motivating and retaining our people as we scale
- You will proactively coach, advise and counsel managers on best practice people management in line with company policy, process and procedure
- You will take the lead supporting managers through key people processes e.g. annual performance cycle and salary reviews, in line with the People Team project calendar
- You will own people processes for your area, and lead on local processes (if required), ensuring operational efficiency across all areas of the employee life cycle and a seamless and engaging employee experience e.g. payroll, immigration
- You will manage employee relations cases e.g. disciplinaries, grievances, performance, escalating to Senior Business Partner when necessary
- You will partner with Senior Business Partners to design and execute on People Strategy for your business areas
- You will partner with the Senior Business Partners to drive and support data-driven key engagement initiatives that result from our regular Pulse surveys
- You will work with functional experts to execute key people projects/initiatives such as compensation & benefits, learning & development, employer brand and talent acquisition
- Support the Senior Business partner to deliver a World Class learning framework in line with both the People and overall business strategy in alignment with the Global learning and development team
- Develop and deliver successful internal L&D initiatives at employee and manager level using a blended learning approach. Always considering the company culture, values and our tone of voice.
- Consistently analyze, review and evaluate learning needs analysis and feedback to propose recommendations of learning solutions and improvements. Communicate these findings to Senior Business Partner.
- Organize monthly learning calendars and ensure learning is coordinated and statistics are logged
- Track the L&D budget spend, communicating balances to Senior Business Partner in a timely and proactive manner.
- You will partner with the Talent Acquisition team during the candidate offer process, advising and supporting to benchmark and calibrate candidate offers
- You will support and join the interview process for your business areas (where needed) to help drive a consistent process in line with our culture and values
- You will be the gatekeeper of the culture in the NY Office and drive this in your business areas
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have proven generalist HR experience at business partner/ generalist level, in a fast-paced, high-growth or progressive environment with a minimum of 5 years.
- You have excellent knowledge of US employment law and best practice
- You are experienced in managing projects, from design through to execution and evaluation
- You have a data driven approach to business partnering, using insights to provide recommendations to your business to drive informed decisions
- You are proactive, with an ability to problem solve and understand issues in the context of the bigger picture and business impact
- You have a strategic mindset, with the ability to execute strategy with engaging initiatives and tactics
- You have a clear, concise and influential written and verbal communication skills
- You are a master of organization with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- You have tenacity with a smile
- You have high level of attention to detail
- You are an ambassador of change, with a dynamic approach to work
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.