The Benefits Manager is responsible for administration of employee benefits. The position provides benefits guidance and assistance to a variety of employees who are geographically disbursed throughout the US. The position will identify inefficiencies and make recommendations related to process improvement and benefits plan design.
- Administers and manages employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; retirement plans; leave programs; and wellness programs.
- Handles escalated benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintain and administer the leave of absence process with third party FMLA/disability and workers compensation carriers and vendors.
- Develop benefit information and statistical and census data for internal reporting, actuaries, and insurance carriers.
- Communicate and build relationships with internal team members, benefit plan consultants, and vendors regarding benefit policies, eligibility and coverage issues, and enrollment procedures.
- Partner with internal business partners to help streamline processes.
- Play an active role working with risk management team to reduce and close worker’s compensation claims.
- Participate in building out various benefit programs and projects.
- Conducts both in-person & remote employee benefit seminars during New Hire Orientation and Annual Enrollment.
- Reconcile benefit invoices.
- Support system implementation and conversion within the HRIS, payroll and benefit systems.
- Assist with employee data management and supports HRIS team to ensure existing and new benefit programs and participants are properly set-up within the system.
- Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Conducts benefit portion of New Hire Orientation.
- Participates in and help supports various audits related to workers compensation and the 401(k) plan.
- Will participate in the preparation of government filings such as Form 5500, Summary Annual Reports, Non-Discrimination testing, OSHA reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 8 years of benefits administration experience and training.
- Self-starter with the ability to successfully work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate to all levels of staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail in work performed.
- Experience with HRIS and Benefits Administration systems, with a preference in ADP Enterprise and/or ADP Service Engine.
- Knowledge of plan provisions and IRS and ERISA requirements.
- Solid knowledge of California Benefits and Leave laws.
- Excellent in excel and demonstrate high level of accuracy.
- Previous experience in a consumer products/ retail organization is preferred.
- Ability to organize and review large sums of data.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all work performed
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Benefit Professional (CBP) Certification (Preferred)
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer