As the Senior People Business Partner at The RealReal, you will play a key role in advising and coaching the senior business leaders. In partnership, you will develop and drive a talent agenda which aligns with our business goals. This role will be a valued partner to the business in identifying opportunities, developing and implementing solutions and strategies to ensure impactful results.
This position is based in New York, NY and will report to the Senior People Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic People Business Partner support to operational functions overseeing exempt and non-exempt workforce.
- Partner with and influence key business leaders and provide support to build high functioning teams.
- Drive core People functions, ensuring to align initiatives, programs and projects to business drivers and company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of consistent performance management coaching and counseling techniques.
- Proactively support and strategize with management team on current and future staffing needs.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and proactively gain insights from employees.
- Diagnose, assess and resolve critical issues and challenges.
- Influence and transform change.
- Provide direction and guidance to senior management team, directors and managers in the resolution of People or employment related blockers or barriers impacting business performance.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 6-8 years experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with Retail a huge plus.
- Knowledge of CA HR/Labor laws.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects, stakeholders and deliverables.
- Expert at building relationships and understanding nuanced employee feedback.
- Excellent follow through, judgement and common sense, “make it happen” attitude.
- Strong communication and influencing skill at all levels.
- Well organized and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about building exceptional employee experiences.