2019 is shaping up to be a very busy year for the business and our pipeline of work is stacking up as a result. We require a Product Manager with experience on B2C Products, to help spearhead our projects and offer some expertise working in an agile environment.
As a product manager, you have one of the most important jobs on your team. From product concept to launch to growth, you're responsible for devising strategies that ensure your product stands out from competitors and solves the immediate and long-term problems of our target audience.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring what the solution might be
- Talking with customers around the world to help make informed product decisions
- Contributing to the product strategy and company vision
- Managing the product lifecycle from requirements gathering to release
- Finding pragmatic ways to continually build a best practise product development culture that delivers reliability and performance as standard
- Collaborating with engineers, product designers and dev-ops operations teams to define, scope, prioritise and deliver features across our internal and customer facing products
- Working with business stakeholders to define projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure the business is well informed about your projects
Delivery & Reporting
- Ensure features are delivered in a timely and qualitative manner and within the decided scope
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team the feature status, ETA and commercial objective
- Track and monitor your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Design guidelines for the team to ensure constant communication and way to trina the team on new feature
The Ideal Candidate
A bit about you:
- You have excellent leadership and communication skills - if there’s confusion or uncertainty, you make it your responsibility to bring clarity to everyone, both in the product team and beyond
- You enjoy the fast pace of a dynamic work environment and relish the challenge of keeping lots of plates spinning at once. Your organisation skills are legendary.
- You’re happy and confident making yourself the ‘go-to person’ for any element of the product you own, both within the wider Engineering team and amongst business stakeholders
- You have an energetic, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude that helps you get things done when time and resources are tight
- You are excited to get your head around some more technical concepts and see the chance to work with a relatively technical product as an opportunity to learn. We won’t expect you to know all about APIs at all, but we would hope you want to understand more
- Above all, you are laser focussed on the user and never lose sight of your primary role: understanding them, what the different segments of users are and what they all struggle with
Qualifications and experience
- Experience shipping products in a technical environment and working with developers on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with wireframing, writing user stories and agile software development practices
- Know how to run effective meetings & have the ability to report with accuracy and relevance
- Demonstrable experience in learning and getting to grips with new concepts, technologies and ways of working
- Carried out qualitative data collection including usability studies, user testing and market research and can discuss how it informed your decision making
- The ability to analyze and use data to make informed decisions
- Understand code and know how to “sell” to engineers
- You'll be working in a fast paced team with smart, passionate people
- A plant filled, relaxed working environment
- Decks in the studio
- Pizza on Fridays (and fruit bowls on tap)
- Weekly team drinks
- We're a creative bunch (DJ's / graphic designers / musicians / zine owners)
- Company away days and team experiences over bonuses
- Managing your own work-load & plenty of freedom