About the department:
We are the beating heart of Farfetch, supporting the running of the business and exploring new and exciting technologies across web, mobile and instore to help us transform the industry. Split across three main offices - London, Porto and Lisbon - we are the fastest growing teams in the business. We're committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help us shape tomorrow's customer experience.
About the team:
Fully aligned to our Marketing vertical, the Konnekt team is part of a vision to build a highly autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to rapidly deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects.
To achieve this we are building a full stack of capabilities, from managing our own infrastructure, creating data assets and pipelines, to developing services and software, all with the goal of unlocking huge value across a wide variety of Marketing initiatives.
Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you’ll do:
Working closely with our Data Science teams, you’ll bring your Engineering expertise to bear on high profile challenges such as:
- Pricing & Commercial: Price recommendations and stock forecasting among others
- Pay per Click: Ad bidding across different platforms, at scale
- Product Matching: Product deduplication and tagging
- Customer Behaviour: Predictions for customer operations
You’ll also be helping to build the Infrastructure and services to empower teams from Data Science and beyond by:
- Gathering and managing requirements from other teams across the business who want to leverage our services, to drive the strategy of the team
- Developing and evolving our full range of data services
- Helping to grow the infrastructure and data platform to benefit both our Marketing customers and the wider business
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
First and foremost, you’re passionate about solving complex, challenging and interesting business problems. Python is our main programming language but we’d love to speak to great Engineers from all backgrounds who are willing to learn and work in Python going forward. Mentoring and training is part of our team’s philosophy.
Our technology stack is ever evolving – but right now these are just a few of the tools we use to get the job done:
- Swagger / Flask / SQLAlchemy / Celery / Pytest / Behave
- RabbitMQ / Redis / Postgres
- Docker / Docker Compose / Gitlab CI / Travis CI
- Tensorflow / Scipy / Pymc3 / Scikit-learn / OpenCV
- Hadoop / Kafka / MSSQL / Jenkins / Octopus (to be phased out)
And within the services we are building, we have started to move to GCP with:
- GKE / Dataflow / Cloud SQL / BigQuery
- Terraform / Helm / Helmsman / Cloud Builder - Gitlab CI
We are a team that surrounds ourselves with talented colleagues and are looking for more brilliant, curious Engineers to join us who are open to taking on plenty of new challenges.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.