The Business of Fashion is seeking a talented Senior Data Analyst to drive our fast growing B2B and B2C subscription business as a founder member of our new, centralised Data Team.
Our teams know that data is crucial to growing our BoF Professional community of readers, and to the success of BoF. With your ability to collaborate across the business, you will understand how data can help inform decisions and which insights are important. Combined with your technical ability, you will help us leverage data to derive the crucial learning required to build value for our community and build our business.
What We Need You To Do
As a founder member of our Data Team, alongside Data Engineers and a Product Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the evolution of our data platform and for arming the business teams with new data and more sophisticated ways to interrogate it in order to learn and apply insight effectively.
By supporting us in establishing repeatable and sustainable analytics processes, you will ensure the business is efficient in their use of data, and compliant to all relevant data regulation.
In being successful in this role, you will:
Get data in shape
- Prepare, clean and analyse large sets of digital data to uncover audience trends and behaviours and business performance insights
- Collaborate with a Product Manager to pipeline new or evolution of current data sets
- Champion accuracy and ensure solutions meet the required level of quality alongside our QA team
- Enable all business teams to leverage data
- Be the go-to person for new data requests, coordinating delivery to meet need
- Collaborate with teams across the business to identify need
- Continuously prioritise reporting which will deliver the most impact
- Structure, create and maintain a suite of reporting / visualisation
- Pipeline requests requiring new data or changes to current data sets via a Product Manager and engineers
- Onboard BoF team members to our data capabilities and procedures
- Manage communication to ensure stakeholders are well informed about your projects
- Use data strategically
- Identify questions we should be asking to harvest important insight
- Build stories from data that provide crucial insight to inform business decisions and present in an engaging way
- Be our data guardian
- Ensure the integrity and cleanliness of our data
- Data models are established and maintained
- Metrics are defined and used consistently across the business
- Ensure the security of our data
- Support establishment of our BoF Data function
- Ensure repeatable, sustainable processes
- Manage the proliferation of reports & dashboards
- Support the definition of the BoF data analytics approach and process
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
You and your colleagues, Product Managers and Data Engineers, are working well as the newest team at The Business of Fashion
The Business of Fashion business teams are gleaning actionable insights every day from our data
You are the person in the business teams come to if they need insight. You can help them answer the question that starts with, “Do we have data that can tell me….” - and then you suggest a better question to ask
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are a strategic Senior Data Analyst, ideally with experience working with a digital subscription / media business, who enjoys proactively finding opportunities for the business to consider. You have refined your own views on the optimum approach and process to best establish a Data Function, and are looking forward to helping unveil the power of data to transform a business.
You are naturally collaborative and relish working alongside colleagues from multiple business functions (Marketing, Product, Editorial, Senior Leadership etc) to drive the full potential from our data.
- You understand the different dimensions of data required to inform business decisions (from KPI reporting, to funnels, to user segmentation, to attribution and so on)
- You have experience working with Looker, creating Models, Looks and Dashboards; or similar experience with a BI tool like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, Chartio, etc.
- High SQL proficiency, and good knowledge of RDB and data structures
- Ability to explain analysis clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Independently manage projects end to end - ensuring stakeholders are kept informed
It won’t be necessary that you have a working knowledge of Python or R, or experience using DBT (Data Build Tool), but if you do have either this will be a bonus.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - 17th December 2019