The Director Europe IT will lead and have reporting responsibility for the IT enterprise applications and IT Infrastructure in Europe. In this senior leadership role, the individual will be responsible for delivery of IT services to all Tory Burch locations (Corporate and Retail) throughout Europe. This requires strong alignment with the NY based Corporate IT team on architecture, design, priorities, delivery schedules and ongoing operations as well as strong business alignment with local functions. The incumbent with serve as the focal point to the Europe business teams to align and support their business goals sharing Corporate IT roadmaps and gathering local functional requirements as required.
- Responsible for delivering and supporting enterprise corporate IT applications for business functions including but not limited to: Sourcing, Distribution, Planning, Retail, Wholesale, Marketing, Talent and Finance.
- Ensure effective delivery and deployment on IT Applications projects and enhancements. Effectively communicate status and roadblocks in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide operational IT support – Corporate and Retail. Troubleshoot reported issues and engage appropriate parties as necessary to resolve. Lead resolution, diagnosis, and communication during critical situations. Ensure robust processes are in place to maintain 24/7 reliability.
- Build a high performance organization structure and team that can effectively deliver on short term and long term capabilities and objectives. Today, that includes management of 1 fulltime employee and 1 contract.
- Build and maintain strong executive relationship with the local business teams understanding their goals and functional needs and translating those into IT priorities where appropriate
- Participate in regional governance committees to help socialize and prioritize IT initiatives supporting business goals and objectives.
- Marshal the necessary resources (direct and matrixed, in-house and via partners) across the organization to deliver on the capabilities required to deliver on committed initiatives and business goals.
- Responsible for annual budget planning along with capital/expense tracking against approved annual plans
The Ideal Candidate
- 12+ years overall experience in leading an international IT organization and services delivering and supporting enterprise applications and infrastructure in a global/local model
- Practical hands on experience in supporting infrastructure and enterprise applications
- Strong understanding of in-store retail operations and store build-outs
- Strong understanding of business processes including Finance, Sourcing, Distribution, Design, Merch/Planning and Retail Operations
- Strong experience in business relationship management
- Strong analytical skills with quick translation of analytics to implications.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and motivate high performing team of employees, contractors and agencies with ability to drive change
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to convey complex ideas and data simply and clearly in written, presentation and spoken formats
- Demonstrated an ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work across teams both in-house and with partners
- Experience maintaining budget for systems, vendors, departments and internal/external staff
- A self-starter style who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities
- Executive presence and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Reports to the VP IT Infrastructure and Shared Services based in NY
- London with travel to other International locations and NY