Our 3PL Warehouse in Enfield is a 120,000 square foot, complex and busy operation, servicing several channels of our business including online, stores, and private clients. Based on site in Brimsdown (Enfield), our Operations Manager will be responsible for providing hands on support to the supply chain function, collaborating with internal departments and the 3PL management team to drive efficiency and influence advancements in how our customers are serviced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure SLA's relating to productivity and quality control standards are met on a daily basis
- Reporting on KPI's and presenting these to key stakeholders, sharing insights such as units/ hour: received, picked, packed, dispatched and delivered to customers.
- Monthly review of 3PL productivity, identifying factors contributing to any underperformance and initiating tactics to eliminate these.
- Thorough workforce planning in conjunction with 3PL to ensure sufficient manpower to cope with peak trading periods and achieve fulfilment capacity and ensure no delays in high volume periods.
- Identify and project manage initiatives designed to optimise warehouse resources.
- Support our ambition to offer enhanced delivery methods for our customers, including 1 hour delivery to stores and Apro services for our Private Clients and any future pioneering methods.
- Work with key Operations Team stakeholders to establish the best processes to minimise stock in quarantine, applying your knowledge to recognise solutions.
- Work with key Operations Team stakeholders to understand our ambition in relation to packaging, ensuring warehouse team members are educated on packaging guidelines and maintaining adequate supplies of all packaging options.
- Adapt swiftly to business changes and initiatives impacting our supply chain, approaching challenges and complex problem solving with gusto, enabling growth and operational expansion for the business.
- Identify any risks, and escalate problems to relevant owners and teams, following the correct processes to ensure resolutions are achieved in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the Browns business, in particular the Retail, Buying and Merchandising, Finance, Tech, and Operations) communicating and sharing information on warehouse performance or risks on a daily basis.
- Lead projects to improve stock integrity through system and operational changes.
- Lead and motivate team members including any company employees and 3PL team members, being accountable for performance and behaviours aligned to our values.
The Ideal Candidate
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of warehousing and logistics within a fast paced E-Commerce environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience managing 3PL relationships.
- Strong people manager and natural leader.
- Advanced Excel skills and previous exposure to any WMS (Microsoft Dynamics is a plus).
- Action orientated, with a good dose of common sense and problem solving ability.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with ability to work under pressure.
- Results driven, and can think outside the box to drive continuous improvement.
Location: Whilst this role is based in Enfield, the business may require flexibility to operate between this site and our West London site. Hours: This role is predominantly Monday to Friday, however in our peak trading times we'd like to know that you'd be flexible to help deliver the business goals.