Global Fashion Agenda (GFA) is looking for a Director of Communications to oversee the communication of the foremost leadership forum for industry collaboration on fashion sustainability, including its annual flagship event, Copenhagen Fashion Summit.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and collaborative communications professional to lead the communications team and ensure that the organisation’s core message is reflected across all communications platforms and in media. Our reach and organisation are growing, which is why we are looking for a highly driven, ambitious colleague to join us in the next chapter of our journey. You will report directly to CEO Eva Kruse. This role requires some international travel.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reinforcing GFA’s brand position as a leading global authority on sustainability in fashion, and Copenhagen Fashion Summit as the leading business event in the field
- Developing and implementing integrated and strategic communications and PR strategies and plans for both the organisation and Copenhagen Fashion Summit
- Ensuring that the organisation’s core messaging and tone is reflected across all digital communications platforms and in media, and that it delivers on KPIs across the organisation
- Leading a team of between four to six communications employees (depending on the time of year), freelancers and agencies
- Having strategic oversight of all corporate communications i.e., managing and orchestrating internal and external communications and messaging
- Liaising between GFA’s Global Partnerships, Content and Production teams on communications related tasks
- Managing, enhancing and nurturing relationships with key media, influencers and other communications-related stakeholders
- Measuring, tracking and reporting on communications activities
- Hosting press conferences and media masterclasses
The Ideal Candidate
- 8-10 years of related professional experience in both communications and PR
- An extensive knowledge on fashion business or sustainability – preferably both
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in English (preferably native)
- A proven track record of delivering impactful communications strategies
- Experience with crafting high quality communication and PR, shaping narratives and core messaging to align with GFA’s strategy
- Extensive team management experience and good leadership skills
- Extensive network of press professionals and influencers
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the current media and social media landscape
- Excellent understanding of the fashion industry landscape, of the drivers challenging businesses and of the long-term outlook for the industry
- Knowledge and interest in sustainability issues, e.g. climate crisis, social justice, business ethics, etc.