The Primary Purpose:The Senior Manager, Public Relations – Coach Europe is responsible for developing and implementing creative communications strategies; elevating brand awareness, visibility and positioning in France and European markets. Devising and supervising world class creative PR and influencer activations, working closely with leadership team, along with local market commercial teams, managing local agencies, overseeing local reporting and budget.
The successful individual will collaborate with leadership team to oversee the following key tasks:
- Develop and implement annual, seasonal and project based PR/Influencer strategies and programs
- Oversee in-house Paris team and regional European agencies, ensuring clear alignment of company messaging, directives and strategy
- Drive media coverage to ensure both quality and scale
- Act as an ambassador for Coach, maintain and elevate key media and Influencer relationships
- Develop story pitches and generate editorial content for submission to publications
- Lead the creation and distribution of seasonal tools, assets, and press materials
- Lead editor visits in NY & key markets and host regional media/influencer events
- Manage and support on events and celebrity/Influencer outreach in line with editorial strategies
- Partner with Global PR teams to create global synergy and enhance global brand image
- Lead team responsible for communication, sample management, monthly press recaps
- Lead, develop and mentor internal PR team, empowering existing talent to deliver excellence
- Manage regional PR budget
The Ideal Candidate
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Minimum 6 years of Public Relations within a luxury brand environment or agency with focus in France & European market
- Proven experience and excellence in developing strategy & results for global luxury brands
- Experience in managing external agencies
- Exceptional established network of industry contacts and relationships
- Highly engaged in the industry - culturally aware and engaged in current trends and events
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Proven people leader; ability to manage others and build successful cross-functional partnerships
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial and results driven
- Team player with positive ‘can do’ attitude
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.