We’re looking for a highly motivated Italian speaking content marketer who is passionate about entrepreneurship, ecommerce, and digital marketing. Your task will be to localize and create compelling content that helps our Italian speaking merchants build, launch, and grow successful businesses with Oberlo and Shopify.
You’ll be localizing marketing materials, writing new original blog posts on oberlo.it, as well as working on other content projects – what these are is largely up to you – to help drive traffic and leads from Italy. Long-term dedication is preferred. We are looking for someone who will grow with us for many years. Your role and tasks will expand and change as the company evolves and grows. This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly! You up for it?
What you will be working on?
- Localize English content and marketing materials into Italian.
- Write, edit, and upload original content that is visible to search engines and legitimately helpful to dropshippers and entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Manage submissions from freelancers and provide them with feedback.
- Analyse how oberlo.it content performs, run ongoing SEO experiments, tweak existing content to grow traffic and leads.
- Localize email copy, video scripts, social media copy, landing pages and coordinate production with other marketing teams and freelancers.
- Research, engage and keep up with Italian speaking influencers, media outlets, competitors in the entrepreneurship and ecommerce space.
- Push the boundaries of what a really localized experience means. Our messaging, tone of voice, images, should clearly speak to and attract our ideal Italian speaking customers.
- Educate yourself on all things ecommerce and dropshipping. That means doing conventional research, but also launching your own online store, collaborating with the folks on our products teams, and not being shy when you have questions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Native oral and written competency in Italian.
- A passion for online marketing, ecommerce and entrepreneurship.
- A strong grasp of content marketing fundamentals, longform writing, an understanding of effective copywriting techniques, and the ability to write irresistible headlines.
- A solid understanding of SEO and know how to create content that ranks well in search engines.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, image editing software and Google Analytics is a huge plus.
- A persuasive writer but you’re not concerned with spinning pretty prose. Instead you value crafting clear, concise writing that is a fit for educating entrepreneurs, potential merchants, and existing merchants.
- You aren’t afraid to experiment and test. You don’t confine yourself to the usual online marketing advice available online and you think outside the box.
- A lifelong passion for learning.