As Copywriter, you are the guardian of the local brand language within the Brand Marketing Team. You define the local brand language and tone of voice to ensure Zalon is perceived as inspirational & convenient. You advice your team on copy and are responsible for the wording of campaigns across all the digital and offline marketing channels.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and develop the local tone of voice as the local language expert and interpret copywriting briefs to ensure balance between global guidelines and local language
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice and edit and proofread copy as needed
- Manage for incoming requests for translations and localization from different marketing channels, stylist or tech team and support them linguistically
- Improve processes and provide solutions to problems in the trans-creation process (e.g., not only flagging copy that doesn't work locally, but presenting a valid alternative)
- Copy demands are including: product demands, onsite, weekly campaign landing pages & newsletter, ad-hoc PR and brand demands such as trend mailings, flyer development
- Adapt to different stakeholder needs in your language, such as writing very creatively vs. formally, informative vs. performance oriented
- Stay on top of industry trends
The Ideal Candidate
- You're proud of an above-average university degree
- You have at least 1-2 years working experience in a similar role
- You've already gained an initial grounding through working in an advertising or translation agency
- You are fluent in oral and written Dutch and English, and you have a good understanding of German (B1 or B2)
- You love an international atmosphere
- You are familiar with Internet technologies and have a real passion for fashion
- Good organization is one of your biggest strengths, you are proactive and always communicate clearly
- You feel responsible for the quality of your work and you are always happy to support your team in their development
YOU ARE OFFERED
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results and where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
- Perks. Competitive salary; great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & volunteering time off; awesome parties and events; free beverages & fruits; diverse sports and health offerings.
- Mentoring; personal branding support; diverse career opportunities. And you’ll never be bored! Zalon is a place where there are new developments every day.
- An international team, with engaged colleagues working to create the best online fashion experience in the world.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring process, please contact our recruiter email@example.com
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.