Department and Team
The role is part of the Omni Media Marketing team which is responsible of strategizing and executing all digital paid media campaign across Europe. You will sit at the interaction between Marketing, Ecom, Media Buy, Creative Studio, CI, DMP Specialist, CRM, analytics and external partners.
The team is based in our Amsterdam headquarter and has 3 key objectives:
- Increase brand engagement & consideration in the markets
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Be a pro-active business partner with all stakeholders, internal and external
The Senior Communications Manager is the right-hand person to the Communications Director, EMEA, who will help he/she develop and implement integrated communications plans and programs for Europe and the Middle East, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, preference and sales. The shared mission is to turn Calvin Klein from a famous brand to a favorite brand.
Based in Amsterdam (European Headquarters), this position will report into the Communications Director, EMEA and will sit at the intersection of European Headquarters, the individual markets and agency network and Global Headquarters in NY.
- Support the Director in developing tailored integrated communications plans for all EMEA markets, in close partnership with markets and/or agency network, where applicable
- Point person for pre-determined EMEA markets and agencies so as to “divide and conquer” with Director and provide excellent on-going service to all markets
- Proactively suggest new ways to gain visibility and credibility within the competitive set, in line with budgets and strategies
- Responsible for seasonal planning and media mailings
- Manage Calvin Klein product line presentations in on-brand, original, modern and engaging ways
- Pitch stories and products to relevant media, influencers/advocates/talent (particularly for markets which the Senior Manager will be directly in charge of)
- In charge of pitching and scheduling interviews with key brand stakeholders (designer, CMO, etc.)
- On-going monitoring and analysis of markets’ coverage (on and offline) vs defined goals
- Disseminate directives and assets received from Global Headquarters to markets and agency network ensuring they receive all necessary tools and guidance in a timely manner
- One-to-one appointments with press and influencers/talent to maximize brand visibility
- Compile and send weekly coverage to head office in NY
- Responsible for media alerts
- Manage Communications Coordinator jointly with the Director
- Works collaboratively with Advocacy Manager
- Manage the EMEA Communications agencies for territories which he/she is directly in charge of
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to thrive in a very matrixed and multi-layered environment.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in a very fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
- A detail-oriented, ROI and data-driven (desire to see efforts link to conversion/sales), and creative eye, combined with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Creative thinker who puts the brand and the consumer first
- Excellent understanding of digital tools and key performance indicators (Earned Media Value, engagement rate, etc.)
- A strong can-do & entrepreneurial mentality; ability to deliver projects throughout the full project management life-cycle
- Can travel frequently within Europe and US (NY) for events and meetings (50%)
- An established network in Europe with key agencies and press/influencers
- A completed University or similar degree in marketing/economics, engineering, statistics/mathematics, computer science or related fields
- 5-8 years successful track record in integrated communications for Fashion, Luxury or FMCG brands. Agency experience a plus. Global or Regional experience preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal); additional languages a plus
- Trainings and courses for self-development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events