With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
Department and Team
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, PVH Studios is a talented team collaborating to capture, produce and distribute imagery for E-Commerce Product Detail Pages (PDP) and commercial visual assets. The imagery we produce enables our wholesale customers to make informed purchasing decisions through our innovative Digital Showrooms and sales tools. It also enhances the consumer shopping experience by presenting our product and bringing shopping experiences to life in digital and “bricks and mortar” retail environments such as online and interactive digital screens.
As creative guardians, PVH Studios works together with the wider business to realize the overall brand vision. We’re responsible for elevating our product and reflecting core brand values across every touch-point whilst adopting and maintaining an omni-channel approach to everything we do.
About the Role
The Studio Planner will be responsible for planning and logistics for PVH Studios. The focus will be on developing and driving a cost-efficient shoot (long and short term) planning calendar, liaise with EU and 3rd party business partners, and usher in planning for any new business partners.
You will autonomously drive a streamlined planning process to efficiently deliver thousands of fashion and product photographs every season. The role adeptly navigates ambiguity and remains calm and pragmatic when plans unavoidably change. A solution is always deemed available, regardless of ‘ideal-state’.
Given that shoot Planning starts with divisional confirmations of ‘buys’ and product sample availability, critical-to-success will be a tight collaboration with Operations Manager, PVH Studios. Working side by side with the Operations team, you will assist each other in building sample and shoot forecasts leveraging available data, wider business relationships and good judgement.
The ‘Studio Planner’ should act in accordance with and role-model the PVH Studios ‘HOW WE ACT’ Principles.
- Own and develop Long-Term and Short-Term Planning, working closely with Operations Manager and External Marketing teams for sample timelines alongside the PVH Studios Sample Set (PVHSS).
- Ruthlessly prioritize projects and shoots at any given moment to best serve the most urgent and important needs of the business and consumer whilst consulting with studio teams and driving Planning meetings.
- Work tirelessly and innovatively with Operations team to optimize shoot windows for PVH Studios which in turn facilitates cost-efficiencies and aesthetic optimization.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders and internal PVH Studios team to provide clear planning around pre-styling, production, and wrap up of each season
- Ensure product is being tracked, prepped and shot in an organized and (cost) efficient manner
- Monitor product shot-counts in regards to Planning and shoot calendar
- Set daily production goals and communicate to all teams in daily stand ups
- Continuous Improvement of PVH Studios team to assess workflow and ensure processes are productive and efficient
- Compile production estimates for all business partners that come through PVH Studios
- Liase with external business partners to communicate PVH Studios bay availability and planning options
- Alongside the Production Manager PVH Studios, plan and administer all external markets and 3rd Party shoots
- ‘Problem-Solve’ and analyse possible solutions, build alternative ‘emergency’ schedules when last-minute changes occur
- Report key productivity and quality metrics and continually seek improvement
- Report seasonal shoot status to internal and external teams
- Administer cross charging for external markets and 3rd Party Shoots
- Devise, implement and action tracking, reporting and studio performance tools where required by studio leadership.
- Complete daily/weekly timesheets in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly organized and structured individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to network and develop working relationships across the organization to successfully complete key tasks and projects
- Flexible. No 9-5 mentality
- Always-on responsiveness and service-minded
- Pro-active and hands-on team player
- Strict attention to detail and communication skills
- Min. 2-4 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient Mac user with knowledge of Excel, Photoshop
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken form
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own
- Trainings and courses for self-development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built photo studio and campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events
- Employee discounts
*Flexibility on duties and scope-of-role is critical for this position as PVH Studios continues to evolve alongside wider business-change and consumer demands. As such, this job description is not exhaustive. *