A-COLD-WALL* is a luxury menswear brand that takes an ergonomic approach to design, combining social consciousness with material innovation in order to optimise human performance. We pride ourselves in being highly-regarded amongst the most progressive, avant-garde brands within the fashion and design industries despite only just turning five years old. Intrinsically, with the nature of a start-up, you'll have an undoubtable impact on our organisation - both internally and externally - as you'll be responsible in shaping how we communicate with our global audience. The digital team is still in it's infancy, but there is an amazing momentum and it’s an incredibly exciting time to join as A-COLD-WALL* enters a new phase of its journey.
The Social Media Lead will be based in the digital department and will develop and drive A-COLD-WALL*’s global social media output.
- You will develop and maintain global social media calendars, working closely with DTC, wholesale and PR teams ensuring synergy and alignment with marketing objectives.
- You will collaborate with the creative lead, graphic designer, photographers and copywriters with asset selection and copy drafting.
- You will share weekly and monthly reports with the lead digital officer and other key stakeholders providing crucial information and analysis that will form wider data-driven brand communications and strategies.
- You will be the main point-of-contact with our Eastern social media partners ensuring that the brand DNA is preserved across networks that they govern namely: WeChat, Weibo, Naver and Line.
- You will monitor and report on the content activity of competitors, brands and influencers across global social media networks.
- You will drive A-COLD-WALL*’s emergence onto untapped Western social media networks such as Twitter and Medium, carving out the manner in which we operate and communicate with the a newfound audience.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and skills
- 2-3 years experience working in a social media or wider marketing role
- Natrually pragmatic with with experience in faced-paced, reactive environments with overlaying priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- A deep understanding and passion for the fashion industry
- An avid user of social media networks with an understanding of algorithms
- Curious and a non-linear thinker leading you to be experimentative and innovative
A-COLD-WALL* takes an ergonomic approach to design, combining a social consciousness with material innovation in order to optimise human performance - the material study for social architecture. Launched in 2015 by Samuel Ross as a response to the British social climate and its sartorial relationship, ACW* incites a cultural conversation that celebrates the energy of youth. Designs erupt from a complex of circumstances reflecting and dictating final creations. Deeply considered material study compound the ACW* philosophy. Ross’ multidisciplinary and semantic approach to the design process births collections of graphic garments and technically engineered pieces that explore the nuances and disparities of modern systems. Landing top international stockists including Dover Street Market, SSENSE, Selfridges, Boon the Shop, Barney’s New York, Galeries Lafayette, H.Lorenzo, KM20 and Antonioli lies testament to the brand’s global spread.
Reductive and functional clothing is engineered to serve social modernity through high-tech fabrications, precise executions and elevated finishes. Meticulously constructed, silhouettes are concisely manipulated whilst fabrics receive hand-dyed treatments and are detailed with graphic applications.
The ACW* process philosophy is rooted in socio-concept design; relating both to its physicality and how properties of the material fit into the brand narrative, and secondly to the emotional discourse of material.
A-COLD-WALL* is a framework that identifies how material integration impacts social architecture through fabric experimentation and experiential runway.
Collections are commentaries; bridging social and political statements with sartorial reflections.
Collaborations play an important role in continuing ACW*’s evolving narrative; allowing space to expand upon its brand story and shift the lens on how that is communicated. An on-going partnership with sportswear colossi, Nike combines Ross’ holistic and humanistic vision with Nike’s innovative technical design. Another layer of collaboration took place later in 2018 for the Nike x ACW* installation with the Architectural Association School of Architecture to create an immersive and meditative experience that engaged with subjects and product. In 2017, A-COLD-WALL* and Hiroshi Fujiwara’s fragment design came together to create a wearable collection of lab coats, jackets and T-shirts that merged Fujiwara’s graphic sensibilities with ACW*’s distinctive DIY aesthetic. In 2018, a dimensional concept was realised with New York-based artist Daniel Arsham which yielded utilitarian uniforms with signature 3D-embossed A-COLD-WALL* and Arsham Studio logos.