The Social Media Manager will be an integral member of the Organic Social Media Team and the wider digitial marketing team. You will have a proven track record of demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of the Social Media landscape – including content optimisation and publishing algorithms, building and engaging communities, social listening and reporting, planning and execution of socially-led campaigns, and an understanding of the latest technologies impacting key global platforms.
You are passionate about social, and understand the complexities and nuances because you are an avid user. You are naturaully curious, always seeking out best practise examples, and love to break down barriers with new ways of doing things.
You are strategic thinker – having exposure to the broader creative, marketing, PR and event teams within Burberry, and are able to confidently interpret business / marketing requirements, using social insights to develop specific social strategies and briefs.
You will be a confident communicator and be able to build working relationships well. You’re attention to detail will be second to none, and it will help to ensure flawless execution of global and regional social activities.
- Team Management:
- Know how to motivate and manage junior members of the team to get the very best of out different personalities and skill sets
- Own and champion the strategic response to projects which ladder up to the wider social and community strategies
- Devise and execute Social responses and briefs from wider marketing strategies, working closely with other digital streams to ensure synergy and alignment with Digital Marketing objectives.
- Maintaining consistency between organic and paid activity
- Plan and optimise the global social content calendar, working closely with local markets
- Regularly cmmunicating content and messaging updates with counterparts in Global Social Team and external parties
- Plan logisitic around live capture and publishing across multiple platforms, and be able to live publish in a reactive and fast paced environments
- Brief in content requirements for campaigns and projects, incorporating data lead learnings and best practise
- Share content performance learnings and devise strategies and tactics to increase reach and engagement :
- Working closely with relevant global and local teams to ensure localising campaigns and messages are done so effectively
- Identifying opportunities to engage with and develop stronger relationships with our communities
- Reporting & Insights:
- Strong understanding of all platform metrics
- Trends & Innovation:
- Staying on top of, and proactively sharing trends in Social and wider digital landscape
The Ideal Candidate
- The Social Media Manager must demonstrate a clear understanding of all Western social media platforms
- An understanding of major Asian social networks is a plus
- A strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must
- A natural communicator – confident in presenting social campaigns and activities to different parts of the business
- Ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail
- Can work under pressure, with the ability to be reactive and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in and understanding of the digital media landscape, particularly within Social Media
- Interest in Fashion industry is a plus
- Degree level education