We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced PR- & Marketing Manager to help develop, promote and protect the brand identity and positioning for a high-profile premium womenswear fashion brand. The right candidate will successfully plan and implement a PR- and Marketing strategy, to maximise awareness and sales in line with agreed brand positioning, timing and budget. This role will be a crucial part of a small, dynamic and fast growing team based in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Brand positioning and identity: Work with the Creative Director and other members of the team to develop the Brand Identity and Positioning - Tone of Voice and Visual and Creative Codes.
- Strategy: Work with the Creative Director and Sales Teams to create PR- and Marketing Strategy across Print, Digital and Social Media channels in line with the brand positioning and identity.
- Calendar: Work with the Creative Director and other members of the team to develop a seasonal calendar of relevant themes and ideas to pin the strategy around.
- Critical path: Create a PR and Marketing Critical Path in line with the agreed strategy and the needs of the business and other departments. Implement, communicate and control the Critical Path – key meetings and dates adhered to.
- Costs & Budgets: Plan seasonal and annual budgets for the department in agreement with the Directors. Ensure effective and creative use of the budget available. Ensure budgets are monitored and adhered to.
- Relationship building: Build relationships and be an ambassador for the brand among key partners - fashion press, wholesale marketing departments, bloggers, stylists and influencers in order to secure positive and appropriate positioning, coverage and awareness of the brand. Develop other relevant and effective strategic partnerships.
- Social Media: Manage social media platforms. Work with Creative Director and Photography and Graphics Co-ordinator to develop an exciting, innovative, creative and relevant social media calendar that drives followers and sales and creates excitement around the brand and brand positioning. Analyse and act on relevant reports and data.
- Emails: Work with Creative Director and Ecommerce Manager to create an exciting, innovative, creative and relevant calendar of customer emails that drive sales, excitement and develop brand positioning.
- Content: Plan, budget and create with Creative Director and Photography and Graphic Co-ordinator relevant content for look books, emails, social media platforms and advertising campaigns – models, sets, locations, photography and copy.
- Events and presentations: Work with the Creative Director and Sales Manager to Plan, budget, execute and evaluate seasonal presentations and events to/with key partners and customers – models, sets, locations, catering etc.
- Digital & Print advertising: Work with the Creative Director and Sales Manager to Plan, budget, execute and evaluate print and digital advertising campaigns.
- Reports: Generate monthly PR, digital and social media reports with appropriate software, metrics and KPIs.
- Consultancy & Agency: Manage relevant marketing department agencies and consultants.
- Press sample and photography management: Plan, budget and manage press samples and photography. Implement efficient press sample service, monitoring send outs and returns.
- HR and team management: Liaise with the Director with regards to the recruitment of new team members as to the staffing levels, agreeing skill sets and salary rates. As Line Manager monitor and review the performance of staff, provide guidance and training. Recruit new members of team. Ensure that all department processes are recorded in clear training documents and guidelines.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years’ experience of PR- and/or Marketing management – preferably in the premium / luxury fashion sector
- Experience of managing social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of global premium / luxury wholesale sector
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
Key Personal Competencies /Skills
- Professional, highly motivated, hardworking and flexible, comfortable with change
- Good at earning respect and handling themselves with demanding partners globally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at planning, organizing and prioritizing workload and work well under stress
- Excellent at time management for self and team – meeting critical deadlines
- Highly analytical and logical with excellent analytical presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Empathetic team player with excellent leadership, communication training, motivational and delegation skills
- Ability and enthusiasm for regular travel globally