About the department:
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Analyst to join an exciting new business (Fashionlytics) at Farfetch to help shape and develop the strategy, commercial model and operations for this brand new business unit. Farfetch has more supply and demand data than anyone else does in the luxury fashion industry. The mission of this new business unit will be to turn that data into strategic commercial insights, providing advisory for luxury brands and potential customer groups through the development of a disruptive insights platform complemented with consulting services.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone who wants to help build a new business from scratch. This is a startup so whilst you’ll be expected to support sessions with senior stakeholders at world renowned luxury brands/luxury groups, you’ll also need to be really hands on at times and work with the team to help shape the business. This is a rare opportunity to join a new startup within Farfetch right at the beginning of its journey with significant support from and exposure to the Farfetch board.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll do:
- You will conduct research and analysis to inform actionable business strategies and recommendations
- You will take vast amounts of data in raw formats and identify key insights, working with website analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others internal SQL databases
- You will ensure the accuracy of data and reports to ensure the highest quality of standards
- You will translate insights into a digestible understanding for senior stakeholders
- You will build out scenarios and assumptions to support the commercial model
- You will help input into the design of a disruptive world class insights platform that addresses the needs of the luxury brands we work with
- You will appreciate this is a start-up division, the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity and be flexible
- You will work on initial projects for the business that will be focused on pricing, customer insights and product performance for both industry reports and brand consultancy
Who you are:
- You have a University Degree with a strong focus on analytics, statistics or data-mining, likely in physical sciences, mathematics, economics or engineering
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have advanced SQL, Excel and PowerPoint skills; Tableau and Looker would be a plus
- You are confident in dealing with senior team members and stakeholders
- You are flexible and collaborative with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an understanding of eCommerce; fashion and luxury fashion industry a bonus
- You have a few years work experience in a strategic, analytical or research-based role
- You have a passion for leveraging technology to solve problems
- You will be driven, dynamic, forward thinking, innovative and agile; and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- You are flexible in approach, showing initiative and interest to support ad-hoc tasks
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships