About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative. Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a Senior Menswear Editor with a difference. This role is as varied as it is fast-paced. Working in collaboration with multiple teams and disciplines from Media Solutions to Brand Partnerships, Creative and Buying, this person will be seminal in building the Farfetch menswear tone of voice vision.
We need a menswear editor with a whip-smart, original point of view and a total understanding of the modern menswear customer. They will need strong writing skills, an elevated taste level and a keen eye for the brands and trends that are about to be huge. Above all, they will need to be passionate about the full spectrum of menswear: from luxury brands to emerging designers, streetwear and sneakers. This person will have strong opinions on what makes great content, what’s right for Farfetch and what constitutes the best tone of voice to engage with men today.
This is not a typical editorial role. Instead, we’re looking for someone to grow and evolve Farfetch’s point of view on menswear. An inquisitive mind and a drive to do things differently is absolutely necessary.
What you’ll do:
- You will create fresh, unique and inspiring content that achieves cut-through in a crowded market
- You will write and edit copy and direct the tone of voice for menswear across our channels
- You will work with relevant teams to develop Farfetch’s brand identity in menswear, including Buying, Creative and Social Media
- Through onsite content, you will help to develop a strong visual style for our customer, that is unique to Farfetch and the industry
- You will raise the fashion authority of Farfetch menswear by developing a roster of new contributors: writers, stylists, photographers, influencers
- You will collaborate and ideate unique external brand partnerships in the menswear space
- You will represent Farfetch menswear within the fashion industry and raise visibility at relevant fashion weeks
- You will work across the business to develop new opportunities for Farfetch menswear on our varied and multiple platforms, supporting with relevant projects where required
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in a senior editorial role, working with a strong editorial voice, gained from fashion publishing or e-commerce industries
- You have a snappy, witty writer with an original tone of voice and a passion for creating inspiring and influential content
- You are obsessed with designers, fashion, clothes and shopping but you definitely would not write that as a way of describing yourself
- You have a great deal of opinions about the kind of content men want to see now, and where they are finding it
- You are eternally curious, you love discovering newness and you love solving problems
- You have an understanding that fashion is for everyone and should be inclusive, light-hearted and enjoyable
- You have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work autonomously providing self-direction
- You are a team player and thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- You have an ambitious and driven approach with an impeccable work ethic
- You have a professional attitude with a real pride in the quality of your work
- You have a solution-focused approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.