Job DescriptionMichael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the long term strategic vision, and delivering the day-to-day execution of Michael Kors’ EMEA performance marketing programs. This consists of channel expertise and execution of Paid Search (SEM), Natural Search (SEO), Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE), Affiliates, Display and Performance Social.
The candidate will define, implement and deliver against the digital marketing channel strategy in order to significantly grow the Michael Kors online business in EMEA, maintaining strong profitability.
The role works closely with the digital and brand marketing teams in the European and US offices and is responsible for shaping and delivering the digital acquisition strategy for markets in EMEA and rest of the world.
Reporting to the Senior Ecommerce Director, the role will entail reaching and exceeding aggressive traffic and revenue goals under set ROI and KPI targets whilst developing engaging and creative strategies with our global partners in line with the Michael Kors Brand.
The role will also include development of new routes to market across all formats including mobile and social and have ownership of the analytics process for all digital marketing channels. Liaising with internal and external partners you will create and execute the marketing calendar that supports the business calendar and then report the performance and profitability of all channels.
- Develop the short, medium and long term strategic roadmap that delivers against aggressive sales and traffic growth targets, whilst remaining profitable and within budget
- Build and manage annual budgets, including in-season forecasts, that help to identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency of marketing spend or opportunity to drive incremental traffic and revenue
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple third party digital agencies who take responsibility for execution of paid and organic search acquisition strategies for domestic and international markets
- Build and leverage strong relationships with key publishers such as but not limited to Google and Facebook
- Develop and oversee the execution of all digital marketing technical requirements (product feeds, pixels, custom audiences etc)
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the Performance Digital Marketing program which includes key relationship building with agency partners and other broader teams
- Ensure executions are strategic, effective, and properly measured
- Adopt a test & learn approach, leveraging insights and data to provide rationale and results
- Manage creating and distribution of the marketing calendar which includes promotional support, events, and core brand initiatives/launches (i.e. sale, new product launches, new market entries etc.)
- Streamline reporting received from agencies and internal sources (such as Adobe Analytics) to compile a broader picture of performance
- Make effective decisions based on reporting and be able to support these actions.
- Work cross functionally as the key point of contact for the Digital Marketing team
- Work closely with E-com Site Merchants to develop and deploy product-first marketing strategies that are cohesive with the brand’s initiatives
- Oversee the relationship with design to ensure best-in-class ad units and copy are being utilized to maximize performance; understand each channel’s unique requirements
- Provide effective and insightful feedback to the design team
- Partner with brand marketing teams regularly to plan and execute full-funnel campaigns inclusive of programmatic
- Oversee and develop a high performing team
- Hold weekly and ad hoc touch-bases to project manage and delegate workload
- Act as the day-to-day intermediary for problem solving and leadership
- Develop thoughtful career paths and regularly coach/motivate team members
- Communication is critical to this role
- Must be able to exemplify strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage the information flow from the Digital Marketing team to the broader E-com department and senior executive stakeholders.
- Oversee reporting distributed from the Digital Marketing team, inclusive of succinct and insightful commentary that can be understood by multiple departments and experience levels
- Compile and communicate relevant industry news & reports to the team
- Be a knowledgeable evangelist of all Performance Digital Marketing channels:
- Possess working knowledge of core performance digital marketing channels including SEO, Paid Search, Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliates, Display, and Social
- Working knowledge of technical SEO enhancements is required.
- Consistently educate broader teams and leadership on the roles and expected outcomes of each channel and how efforts play a part in driving Ecom and Store visits & revenue
- Hold periodic learning sessions to effectively communicate industry information
- Additional responsibilities to include:
- Manage the invoicing and accrual process
- Ensure marketing costs is in line with budgets
- Partner with Legal to review Digital Marketing contracts (when necessary)
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing strategies in countries and regions outside of EMEA such as Australia, Middle East, Hong Kong, and Russia are desirable
- Effective time-management and project management skills – must be able to juggle workload with high volume of meetings and emails
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in line with business objectives– must be able to quickly adapt to changing projects and priorities
- Analytical skills, with the ability to build reports and summarize data in meaningful and insightful way for the goals of the business
- Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance capabilities
- Team-player with excellent relationship-building – expect to liaise with multiple departments on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment
- Language Fluency is highly desirable but not a prerequisite for the role
- Extensive (6+ years) digital marketing experience within a fast paced, retail or brand ecommerce environment, with first-hand experience of all performance marketing channels: PPC, SEO Affiliate Marketing, Display and Social Media
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing and challenging priorities and work requirements
- High level of commercial acumen and drive, with excellent communication skills to gain engagement for, and deliver, new projects
- Proven people and team management experience, with a focus on developing high performing teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced level Excel skills
- Advanced experience with analytics tools including Adobe Analytics/Omniture or Google Analytics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V