The Business of Fashion is looking for a creative & technical Marketing Operations Associate Director to help drive improvements in marketing operations and customer experience through effective and efficient application of marketing and marketing technology in support of customer needs. With your experience in customer relationship management and passion for improving customer experience, you will deliver the current and future BoF customer experience through ownership of the marketing technology roadmap, customer strategy and operational efficiency across owned channels and platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As BoF continues to grow into its customer centric operating model, your role seeks to marry customer insight to MarTech-enabled operational excellence in order to deliver marketing efficiency and effectiveness across BoF.
This role will collaborate with the CMO to operationalise and deliver the BoF customer strategy. As a result, you will be optimally placed to activate that strategy through operational delivery of owned marketing channels (e.g. email and customer support), development of marketing technology (e.g. Braze, Intercom, etc.) and continued development of customer insights.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure smooth working of overall marketing operations across technology, systems and process in order to deliver marketing activity efficiently and effectively. This outcome will be assessed through delivery of several key activities, i.e. you will
- Develop customer-first user experience roadmap based on current and planned MarTech capabilities
- Oversee planning for and operational delivery of owned marketing channels, platforms and tools, e.g. customer engagement platform (Braze), customer service platform (Intercom), measurement requirements (Google Analytics) including
- Alignment of owned marketing activity plans and forecasts to overall business objectives
- Set-up and delivery of owned marketing activities in collaboration with Missions and overall Brand objectives (n.b. content and creative to be informed by Mission/Brand)
- Act as steward of owned platforms and channels in order to prioritise owned channel activity and volumes for optimal business impact in context of resource and tech constraints
- Oversee reporting of activity, performance and insights across Owned channels
- Management and development of Email Marketing Manager, Customer Support Manager and Senior Associate
- Seek opportunity to improve efficiency of processes relating to execution and delivery owned channel marketing activity in collaboration with Email and Customer Support teams
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key business stakeholders (e.g. Editorial, Product, Studio, etc.) who originate or input to owned platform activity
- Develop and evolve MarTech roadmap, based on business strategy and customer experience objectives and aided by informed perspective on needs across business and opportunity for capability development or efficiency (e.g. automation)
- Work with MarTech Manager to seek opportunities to improve marketing operational efficiency through process improvement, automation and technical evolution
- Establish and nurture customer insight capability for BoF and its constituent customer segments - building roadmap for continued growth and evolution of this capability
- Champion marketing technology across BoF, educating key stakeholder groups on MarTech stack capabilities and roadmap, as well as training on standards, handing-over of operational control as and when appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ad tech market, developments, and innovation through research, reading as well as attendance at key marketing technology/ad tech related events
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
Marketing technology is being adopted and utilised in-line with planned roll-out across the business.
Marketing activities operate smoothly and efficiently across Missions using a sophisticated marketing technology stack. In the time until the full martech stack is in place, you will develop an informed martech roadmap, with a realistic phasing of capability development, and on that basis, manage stakeholder expectations appropriately.
Customer engagement improves in effectiveness and efficiency through hypothesis-based testing and informed by customer-insight.
You are sought out as the knowledgeable expert on the broader marketing technology landscape.
Feedback from key partners across the business is outstanding.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You have a robust market-level understanding of the marketing technology landscape; relentless curiosity, drive, and a can-do attitude in order to stay on top of an ever-changing tech landscape within and outside of BoF; analytical mindset; you are an experienced manager with strong stakeholder management skills in order to effectively deliver your cross-functional, cross-mission responsibilities; strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. storytelling) in order to support the engagement and knowledge sharing across the business.
Entrepreneurial, and thriving in fast-paced environments, you’re passionate about what you do, with a meticulous eye for detail and strong judgement. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills as well as good verbal, and written communications
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking