The Business of Fashion is seeking an ambitious, passionate and talented Performance Marketing Analyst to support our global marketing activity across all BoF products. With your strong background in data analysis, working on large data sets in a commercial environment, you’ll own and deliver reporting across BoF’s products, channels, and distribution platforms to help fuel the overall success of The Business of Fashion.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As an integral member of the marketing team, you will consolidate and build on current marketing performance analysis and reporting. Utilising and balancing the left (analytical) and right (creative) parts of your brain, you will conceive, plan, and execute new reporting strategies, and see them all the way through to completion. Through developing expert knowledge of BoF’s products and projects, you will act as a strategic business consultant, translating data insights into actionable reports, visualisations, and recommendations for the team. In being successful in this role, you will:
- Use data analytics tools and databases (e.g. Excel, SQL, Looker, Google Analytics, etc.) to develop and deliver deep insights from granular, large data sets
- Deliver BAU and ad-hoc reporting across BoF products, channels, distribution platforms, customer groups
- Develop and maintain key reports and dashboards
- Extract reports from multiple sources and build easy-to-use tools for big sets of data
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
Recommendations provided from your insights are followed through, having a significant, positive impact on BoF’s growth and the services delivered to our membership community. The marketing and wider teams within the business praise the speed and accuracy of the data and insight you provide.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced and highly professional Performance Marketing Analyst on the upward curve of your career, with significant experience with data handling and manipulation skills (particularly within SQL and Excel). With a strong background in digital marketing, you will be able to demonstrate solid experience in solving business problems through data analysis, experimentation, and creative thinking.
An articulate communicator within a commercial environment you are able to produce and translate complex analysis, uncover commercially relevant insights and clearly present robust data analysis to internal and external stakeholders at all levels. With the ability to clearly create or receive a brief, you will challenge requests where appropriate so that the correct “question” is being answered.
Entrepreneurial, and thriving in fast-paced environments, you’re passionate about what you do, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools, such as Looker and Google Analytics, with the ability to extract data at pace whilst working on numerous projects.Experience with other tools such as Doubleclick and AdWords is highly desirable
- A problem-solving attitude, with the capability to solve issues regarding tagging, data integrity, filters/segments, integrating multiple data sources and other issues that will arise
- Application of quality assurance best practice - able to ensure outputs are accurate, tightly aligned to brief and consistent with all team outputs
- High level of experience in measuring and analysing online behaviours, and multi-channel digital marketing campaigns and attribution