Banana Republic is looking for a Brand Art Director. The Brand Art Director will work directly under the VP Brand Creative Director and must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, ideate spontaneously across a broad range of areas and translate ideas and abstract concepts into visually materials that support brand and its product strategies.
The Brand Art Director role requires a strong graphic design and production background with skills in typography, branding and advertising/ marketing. The position would also require the candidate to clearly communicate these ideas to cross functional partners, outside agencies and vendors.
What you'll do
- Art Director will create compelling creative solutions for all creative brand initiatives based on the brand positioning.
- Including the creation and execution of, seasonal stories, internal presentations, engagement programs and directional store documents.
- Translate strategic and conceptual direction into working creative assets, both 2 and 3D, across all mediums including; product packaging, ecommerce, POS/ retail environment, merchandising, social media, print and digital advertising, franchise toolkit/guides, conference and consumer engagement environments.
- Apply current trends in culture, design, advertising, fashion, social media, digital, entertainment, etc. to the brand in ways that keep the brand relevant.
Manage multiple projects, outside partner relationships and corresponding deadlines.
Understand post production of photographic and printed materials, and be able to communicate with corresponding vendors.
Who you are
- Excellent computer skills: Creative Suite
- Understands concept development and brand strategy
Understanding of film and editing a plus.
Positive energy with the ability to motivate teams and communicate new ideas
- BA/BS/BFA in Graphic Design and/or MA/MFA
- 5 years minimum in Graphic Design
- Advertising or Design Agency Experience a plus
- Photo and video production experience helpful
- Portfolio demonstrating solid experience in graphic design and/or art direction
- Knowledge of the industry (Branding, Design, Advertising)
- XHTML (not necessary)
CSS (not necessary)
- Adobe Final Cut Pro (not necessary)